Maxi hunter 350 question

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I have a CVA Magbolt. I prefer the convenience of using pellets.

I know from reading here that some are fans of the 350 maxi hunters. Do y’all feel 100 gr pellets and the 350 is a good combination for me to try?

Thanks

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

I know from reading here that some are fans of the 350 maxi hunters. Do y’all feel 100 gr pellets and the 350 is a good combination for me to try?

Thanks
That should work. When I shoot them, it's with 90 grains of loose powder.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler

Thanks
Yes.

35 Whelen

I use a 385 grain Hornady Great Plains bullet with 70 grains of Triple Seven FFG. Started with 90 grains and worked down to 70 grains. Got tighter groups with more velocity (the 70 grain groups were 2 inches higher than the 90 grain groups.) I believe it was because all 70 grains were being burned in the barrel of my New England Firearms Huntsman 50 caliber.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.

Thanks

Should work just fine! But like others have said, best performance would probably be with a lighter charge of loose...My Ol' Hawken likes 80gr and my Omega don't care, 80-90gr. Loose BP...

Shoot it and see for sure, but my opinion is you'll be plenty good for deer out to 100.

Hillbilly stalker

It will be plenty of horsepower for the bullet. They usEd to make , and may still do, 30 grain pellets also for 50 cal. That would give you the option of shooting a 90 or 120 grain charge if your wanting to tweak it a little for greater accuracy. That’s the advantage of loose powder, you have a lot more room to wiggle with the load.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the advice!!
Will order some today.

Edit to say ordered 20 pack for $25 shipping included. Muzzleloaders.com

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
Thanks for the advice!!
Will order some today.

Edit to say ordered 20 pack for $25 shipping included. Muzzleloaders.com
Thanks for sharing; they've got some good prices on bullets!

PSA to people like me: Add the dash so that it's Muzzle-loaders.com (Muzzleloaders.com takes you to the Knight website)

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
A 20 pack of the 350 gr bullets.
I have the pellets already.

Dang. Them thangs done got HIGH!

If you wanna do some practice shooting, search up some Hornady Great Plains 385's at about half the cost...They shoot good too and will FLATTEN a critter!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Dang. Them thangs done got HIGH!

If you wanna do some practice shooting, search up some Hornady Great Plains 385's at about half the cost...They shoot good too and will FLATTEN a critter!
So will the TC 350s. I've probably killed at least 50 deer with them. They are the hammer of Thor. Last ones I bought were like $8 for 20. I've got a couple hundred of them.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
So will the TC 350s. I've probably killed at least 50 deer with them. They are the hammer of Thor. Last ones I bought were like $8 for 20. I've got a couple hundred of them.

100% agree about the TC350s. They do a fine job, and I have killed a few critter with them too.

I've got a box and a piece of the TCs.

But I've got a couple hundred of the GP385s... ?

I've also got a mold that makes the TCs packed away somewhere..I hope to never have to dig it out. ?

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Got the bullets yesterday. Gonna shoot a few tomorrow or the next day.

View attachment 1166085

I bleeve you gonna wind-up happy with those. I've never seen them or the GP385s NOT shoot good.

When you get it dialed in, you will probably be able to shoot either of those two, and be clay bird accurate at 100. Just some useless trivia, based on my experience with them.