McGraw Ford WMA

Jdg112

I went and did some scouting this morning, was curious if any one hunts this (more so during the week) and wants/needs/wouldn't mind linking up with me to hunt the property. I'm not asking for your honey holes, I'm pretty proficient at scouting my own spots, mainly just wanting to meet some guys that are good spirited hunters and wouldn't mind helping drag one out or track. I'd obviously be willing to do the same in return. Who's out there?

kennethc68

I hunt there quite often not as much now as i have a lease down in Forsyth. But did go over and hunt last Sunday and killed a small buck. Lot of work getting them out.

PM me

MannyQ

I just joined the forum for this very reason. I live 25 mins away from McGraw and just scouted Sunday mid-day for the first time. You said you hunt mostly during the week, but feel free to PM me should you have availability on a weekend.

DMCox

I hunt there quite often not as much now as i have a lease down in Forsyth. But did go over and hunt last Sunday and killed a small buck. Lot of work getting them out.

PM me

Sure is a lot of work... shot a doe last year and bout killed myself getting her out of there. Bought myself some meat bags and have been using an external frame backpack this year. Plan to quarter and pack out rather than attempt a full carcass drag again... having a second set of hands would have helped but the lack of cell signal out there made that difficult.

bcriner

Me and a buddy hunt there every weekend and some during the week. We have 4 or 5 nice shooters on camera. Killed a nice 11 pointer there two years ago. Have several bear on cameras as well. Had plenty of shot opportunities so far on young does and small bucks but with what we have on camera we are waiting to pull the trigger. Good luck.