Meanwhile at Tractor Supply

bassboy1

I shop there for propane, but only because they don’t look at my out dated tank. Everyone else goes all policy on me about recertification nonsense.
20 lb grill tank, or larger?

If it's a 20 lb, go swap it at one of the exchange racks in front of most stores.

When we bought our house, there was an old tank laying in the treeline. Old rusty, nasty thing. I guess it floated there when Sally flooded the property. Swapped it out at home Depot, and now I've got another extra tank. Best thing was, Home Depot had a self serve kiosk. Pay inside, then take the ticket to the kiosk, it then opens a door that contains the full tank, and lets you insert the old one. Completely anonymous. :bounce:

sinclair1

20 lb grill tank, or larger?

If it's a 20 lb, go swap it at one of the exchange racks in front of most stores.

When we bought our house, there was an old tank laying in the treeline. Old rusty, nasty thing. I guess it floated there when Sally flooded the property. Swapped it out at home Depot, and now I've got another extra tank. Best thing was, Home Depot had a self serve kiosk. Pay inside, then take the ticket to the kiosk, it then opens a door that contains the full tank, and lets you insert the old one. Completely anonymous. :bounce:
They are forklift style. I just leased 20 tanks and have Hank Hill coming by weekly. I do have an outdated 5ft tall I am taking to the dump. It’s super rusty and was back in the swamp.

Baroque Brass

TSC has a good selection and price on bolts and other hardware items. Good selection on oils and lubricants too.
I agree. You can buy hardware by weight and it’s much cheaper than buying the packs at Lowe’s (which comes in an odd number so you have to buy extra) or individually at the hardware store.

bassboy1

They are forklift style. I just leased 20 tanks and have Hank Hill coming by weekly. I do have an outdated 5ft tall I am taking to the dump. It’s super rusty and was back in the swamp.

Did kinda the same with my forklift tanks at work. Bought two old ones on Craigslist. Had them filled a couple times at the feed and seed, but then started getting propane from the welding supply place out of convenience since they're delivering to me anyway.

Didn't plan it that way, but the swap tanks were all way newer and had gauges on them.

Gbr5pb

Don’t like the swap tanks because they only got 15 pounds! Have done it but the heater at camp ran out about 4am on a 23 degree morning wished had the other 5 pounds

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I've not ever used them but know folks who fill their tanks at Loyal Gas in Covington because they charge by the gallon just like TSC. Other propane dealers may do the same thing. I only use the swap a tank when a tank gets rejected due to date.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I've not ever used them but know folks who fill their tanks at Loyal Gas in Covington because they charge by the gallon just like TSC. Other propane dealers may do the same thing. I only use the swap a tank when a tank gets rejected due to date.

Usually Dollar General has a good exchange price.