Memorial Maritime Massacre

Little story about my weekend....first off I understand that alcohol and boating are not a good mix....SO I knew better.
I went to my bosses farm for the weekend, and we enjoyed the weather, good food, fellowship, and Tito`s. :cheers: He has a little 10 acre lake that is loaded wit fish. The wife and I piled into a narrow johnboat (I`m just a tiny fella) about 2 hours before dark to try to get her a big one. We were both catching fish, and having a blast....until I got a real good bite and rared back on a good one. I felt the seat pop...the boat rocked...I grabbed the side...and in we both went. I saved the boat, and the booby-trapped seat, but lost 5 rods and my tackle box to the bottom of the lake. A short swim followed by being towed by his larger vessel followed. Lessons learned. Safety first...you can have a good time without drugs and alcohol

Cletus T.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That is awful……was it a total loss are we’re you able to rescue
some tackle?

I’m so sorry man!

natureman

This guy can find anything underwater. His contact information is at the bottom of the video description.

j_seph

Maybe some magnet fishing for the rods

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Or drag a big treble hook through there.

Teh Wicked

if its a private lake you should be able to get those rods back with dragging or magnets.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
How deep is the water where the mishap happened?

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Glad you made it back in with the important stuff. Your lives! A different time of year or a different body of water could have made a big difference in the ending of that story.
Thanks for posting...

sbroadwell

I've retrieved many rods by dragging a metal stringer, with all the hooks open.

BoosterC

I've retrieved many rods by dragging a metal stringer, with all the hooks open.

This.

Open the clips wide. If is say 7 ft or less, sweep a metal pole around the area. You will feel the clink if you contact something sold. Use the stringer to retreive. Use a good twine or braid with the stringer so it won't break off.

The area we went for the unexpected swim is 10-12 ft deep. I have a fella lined up in a couple of weeks going to dive for me and try to recover them. Hope springs eternal