Minn Kota Ulterra auto stow- deploy reliability

Spook

They have been on back-order for a while, are they making improvements. I need one due to back problems, but have heard about reliability issues. Maybe Bill Carson can answer. Thanks Mark

LTZ25

Ive had a 36v ulterra for over 2 years and it works great , once I had to adjust the belt due to leaving it down on takeoff but it was just turning a screw. I have a bad leg and its nice to hit a button and deploy it . I can tell you for a fact the remote is waterproof and help me in an emergency .

tdw3684

I bought one for my boat because my dad would have trouble deploying a regular motor. I love it. I launch my boat by myself a lot and it's great to just run it out there a little and push the anchor button and let it sit there while I park the truck. Has always run perfectly for me.

releehweoj

I thought I'd add a different perspective. I have spinal issues myself. Just bought and installed a 60" 80# Terrova. It has "lift assist" which has a spring or gas piston or something that makes deploying and stowing nearly effortless. I had concerns about the reliability of the Ulterra and also did not mind spending $600 less. If you can get in and out of a boat or lift a tackle box then you can operate the Terrova with no trouble.