Riptide Ulterra

slow motion

Complete Tire & Service will be the best place to take it from where your at there top notch. right down from where your at.
Thanks for the tip. Will keep that in mind for another day. Thought about doing that and renting a car and heading on. Decided to have it towed to Cumming to our normal guy.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Slayer has a 24V...
I don't think he's had any issues with it either.
Nope. I LOVE MY ULTERRA! And I'll never, ever, ever, not have one!

Sure makes for launching the boat easier too. I sling it off and spot lock it.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
I'll also add that I've got a few buddies with the Ulterra and they've never had an issue with theirs.

Just follow the manual, check your belt tension and keep your shaft lubed. I also keep my head unit strapped down so it doesn't bounce around a lot while I'm pulling the boat. Certain sections of I-75 puts a beating on your boat trailer!

@slow motion you won't regret putting one on your skiff!

Good luck in St Marks!

slow motion

I'll also add that I've got a few buddies with the Ulterra and they've never had an issue with theirs.

Just follow the manual, check your belt tension and keep your shaft lubed. I also keep my head unit strapped down so it doesn't bounce around a lot while I'm pulling the boat. Certain sections of I-75 puts a beating on your boat trailer!

@slow motion you won't regret putting one on your skiff!

Good luck in St Marks!
Thanks for the advice my friend. Hoping for good weather and calm seas for a few days. If not then hoping for good food and cold beer for a few days.

slow motion

Looks like the waves are up a little and the beach truck has a dead battery this morning. Still gonna try and get her on a few scallops in a bit.

Wire Nut

I’ve had Ulterra and Terrovas. Never had an issue with the Ulterra. I’d have one now but can’t find one 60” long for my center console. Both are solid motors and they have 10 speeds so if you think it’s too much power turn it down. Nice to have the power when you need it

watermedic

My son just bought me one for Father's Day. I have to say that I am impressed.

I have 2 Terrovas, a 12 volt and a 24 volt. The 24 volt has given me a few issues.

Hopefully the Ulterra will be worry free.

Oh, he ordered it through Cabelas and it was here in less than a week!

slow motion

My son just bought me one for Father's Day. I have to say that I am impressed.

I have 2 Terrovas, a 12 volt and a 24 volt. The 24 volt has given me a few issues.

Hopefully the Ulterra will be worry free.

Oh, he ordered it through Cabelas and it was here in less than a week!
Was planning on ordering from Bass Pro so same. No rush . Probably won't get around to installing until late winter though. Too many good things to do for now.

slow motion

Been out of stock in-store for awhile but last week could order and have it shipped to the store. Went to order today and now out of stock to ship as well. Oh well no rush. Boat wasn't originally wired for one anyway so I need to do that first.

Bubba_1122

I have a Key West Stealth with a poling platform on the back (I don’t carry the pole, but I do have a back rest and I’ll get up there when in shallow coves and creeks at the coast. Will deploy and run my Ulterra for hours while I”m standing on that platform fishing).

I absolutely love it. Totally changed my fishing enjoyment at the coast.

Rich M

After some research I chose Rhodan and got the 12 volt.

Most of what I've heard about the various auto deploy/stow units is that this where the problems usually lie - the auto deploy and stow - which are awesome features of anyone can get them right.

Been please with the Rhodan - fishing inshore and nearshore mainly.

Bubba_1122

Most of what I've heard about the various auto deploy/stow units is that this where the problems usually lie - the auto deploy and stow - which are awesome features of anyone can get them right.
I had some challenges on the stow side when I first got the Ulterra. Even to the point on one trip I drove from St George Island to Valdosta to get my fashioned hand controlled trolling motor and re-mounted it on the boat. I had to carry the Ulterra to the shop to be fixed.

Carried it to the guy in Moultrie and in about 3 minutes he had it running right (I think my inexperience with using the motor caused the problems).

That’s been 3 summers ago. I haven’t had any problems with it since. And I truly do love it (also between the Ulterra (Spot Lock) and my Power Pole I don’t think I’ve touched an anchor in years).

slow motion

I had some challenges on the stow side when I first got the Ulterra. Even to the point on one trip I drove from St George Island to Valdosta to get my fashioned hand controlled trolling motor and re-mounted it on the boat. I had to carry the Ulterra to the shop to be fixed.

Carried it to the guy in Moultrie and in about 3 minutes he had it running right (I think my inexperience with using the motor caused the problems).

That’s been 3 summers ago. I haven’t had any problems with it since. And I truly do love it (also between the Ulterra (Spot Lock) and my Power Pole I don’t think I’ve touched an anchor in years).

In order to avoid the same issue could you tell me what the issue was and how you think you caused it.

Bubba_1122

In order to avoid the same issue could you tell me what the issue was and how you think you caused it.
Honestly don’t really remember specifically - I think I tried to force the motor when it locked up rather than follow the reset instructions (I keep that manual in the boat now).

Motor ended up locked up half way up and tilted at a 45 degree angle. I took the bracket off and laid the Ulterra in the floor of the boat (have a removeable bracket).

Something had happened to the black band that runs the motor up and down. Again, for him it was a quick and easy fix.

slow motion

Ordered an Ulterra. ?Was due to be delivered on Wednesday. Last FedEx shipping update was Tuesday morning when it left Ocala Florida. Now the delivery date is ? Tracking says it is possibly delayed. ?Been contemplating this purchase for over a year. Guess I can wait a little longer.

slow motion

It's getting closer. Now in Braselton. Glad it was free 2 day shipping 'cause it's now day 5 and counting. I need to work on my patience I suppose. Still gotta fish wire under the deck as it wasn't prewired for a trolling motor. Think I will order the quick removal mounting plate also.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Those are nice trolling motors! I would like to have one but I'll use my power drive til it quits I guess. Plus I just dropped enough on a 10 foot talon that I can't justify it lol. And yeah..... Fed ex suxxxxx! They never get the package to you on the original target date