MOA Guarantee?

HughW2

Good video. I wonder how many rifles have been sold by accuracy "guarantees"?
Good point. Every single manufacturer seems to have a guarantee now; so it must be a marketing gimmick that you are out of business if you don’t offer it. The real rub comes from who stands behind their guarantee and who tries weaseling out it.
If it is the shooters problem not the rifles problem; some companies are adding insult and monetary injury!

bighonkinjeep

Good video. I'd sure like to take his $50.
I've never bought a rifle.with an "accuracy guarantee".
I dont think there is any rifle regardless of components or cost that will shoot willy nilly selected multiple.brands weights etc. of factory ammo into 1 moa consistantly. The load is as important as.the rifle to accuracy and you gotta give it what it likes.

I've often stated that the biggest accuracy improvement for the least amount of money anyone can make to a rifle in good working order is a handloading kit. Even the cheapest commercial kit available will work wonders.
Some rifles are easier to please than others but each is an individual even from one serial # to the next. Every blue moon a fella will luck into a factory load one really likes.

Another good MOA test is to take a business card and draw lines deviding the back into 6 equal squares (one horizontal 2 vertical). Then shoot 1 bullet hole into each square. You'll know pretty quick without calipers if you're shooting MOA or not.
The only true MOA out of the box rifles Im aware of are those offered by custom makers that have fired them and tuned the load before putting them up for sale.
Most every Savage based on the 10/110 action I've ever owned fit the MOA bill after load development. There have been quite a few. Some.easier to figure out than others.

FlipKing

Federal started selling rifle specific ammo for the Waypoint 2020. That crap is $110 per 20. My regular federal premiums shoot just fine....

Long Cut

You’re better off buying whatever gun you want and rolling ammo for it.
Most of these guns today are absolutely capable of sub MOA with ammunition tailored for that specific chamber. (Assuming the shooter does their part)

Factory ammo is made to shoot “good” out of a large variety of weapons, magazines etc..
Handloads are typically tailored for One.

Jester896

Senior Clown
i would like to take the challenge if they guaranteed the ammo they were asking you to fire in it was capable of producing sub MOA results in their sub MOA product.

I do know for a fact that Hornady Black 6.5CM will do it in the Bergara that I shot...well once anyway

Buckhead

Interesting video, a lot of truth there. I own 15+ high powered rifles and am an accuracy fanatic. 5 shot MOA groups are difficult to achieve.

I do have several rifles that will shoot MOA or better, however. That is under a strict testing protocol. Not achieved with mass produced hunting ammunition. Normally will require match ammo or rifle specific handloads. To minimize shooter error, I utilize a lead sled off of a stable bench. Optics with a minimum of 9x magnification are used, barrel heat is constantly monitored. Usually requires testing a lot of loads and bullet weight experimentation.

With hunting ammo, I accept a lesser accuracy standard. 3 shot MOA groups are the goal, although not always attained. I always pay close attention to a cold bore shot. Have had particularly good luck with rifles from Sako, Tikka and Savage.