Mountain Gun

Gator89

New to me S&W model 25-5 Mountain Gun in 45 Colt.

Attachments

• 2018-07-15 12.01.21.jpg
    2018-07-15 12.01.21.jpg
    457.7 KB · Views: 48

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Nice! Out of curiosity, why do they call it a Mountain gun?

leoparddog

Congrats on the sweet 45 Colt!

I sold my S&W .357 Mtn Gun a few years back. Just too nice to carry and shoot a lot. I'd like to have one in 45 Colt though

kinross

If you want a true mountain gun look at the S&W 329 PD. I had one, it carried like a feather and kicked like a flipping mule. I guess thats what happens when you build a 44 mag out of aluminum and titanium

rosewood

Nice piece. Just a note, don't know if you reload, but this is no Ruger, do not use hot Ruger/TC Contender loads in this gun. It is only suitiable for standard pressure 45 colt loads. I would like to have one myself though.

Rosewood

Dub

If you want a true mountain gun look at the S&W 329 PD. I had one, it carried like a feather and kicked like a flipping mule. I guess thats what happens when you build a 44 mag out of aluminum and titanium

A buddy had one of their .357 versions....weighed less than my 15 oz Airweight guns.

He called it The Devil's Handshake.

Gator89

Nice piece. Just a note, don't know if you reload, but this is no Ruger, do not use hot Ruger/TC Contender loads in this gun. It is only suitiable for standard pressure 45 colt loads. I would like to have one myself though.

Rosewood

I do reload, but I am not a recoil l junkie. I have some Trail Boss and some Unique to load up.

snuffy

You are going to love the gun. I have one in 44 and love mine. The recoil does not bother me but the report is deafening.