Mountain Oysters - (for dwhee87)

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
No thanks. By the time I get that far down on the carcass I will have done killed another one.
That's the great thing about calf fries.
You don't have to kill him to enjoy them. Cut em young and let him continue to grow.

You can even eat them in front of him if you have a mean streak. :bounce:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Too many good parts of a cow to be gnawin' on their testicles and other hindermost parts.

turkeykirk

Brought some home one time off a wild hog. Size of softballs. My wife took one look and said No Way. :rofl:

specialk

my grandaddy was called on by many farmers in his time when they needed pigs to be ''cut''...he got to keep them a lot of times....we considered them a treat....

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Never had the chance, but I'd try em. Then again I love gizzards. I've heard they taste a lot like a gizzard.:huh:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
FWIW cows don't have testicles.
FWIW I am using cow as a species of animal, not a gender in the context of that sentence. And I grew up on a cattle farm, so I am more familiar with them than I want to be. :bounce:

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Stockman's Cafe in Cambridge, Kansas had all you could eat mountain oysters every Saturday night.
Place was packed every Saturday night.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Stockman's Cafe in Cambridge, Kansas had all you could eat mountain oysters every Saturday night.
Place was packed every Saturday night.
Black guy I used to work with boiled all you can eat pig guts pretty often, and his buddies packed in to eat them. I'll pass on both. :)

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
I like gizzards too.
Calf fries taste nothing like gizzards.
More of a chicken fried steak flavor.

Disclaimer: I have never had the pork variety, only beef.
I'd still try em. I love country fried steak aka deer meat too.