My 9 year old got it done yesterday. Not sure if some of you remember but I had a controlled burn

rstallings1979

Congrats to the Big Buck Slayer!

How far of a track was it for the dog? Would you guys have found it without the dog?
Maybe 100 to 120 yards from the initial contact. Yeah we would have due to the amount of blood but the deer would have likely taken a while to bleed out and would have suffered longer (he hit him low with no vitals really being hit) and coyotes would have found him pretty quick I bet. He had no use at all of his front part of his body so he was using his back legs to flop around.

It was a 125-150 yard shot, I also mistakenly said "it is a monster" causing him to get even more nervous, and he hasn't practiced much this year until that day. He just hit him low in that front shoulder and it was a downward trajectory causing it to miss the vitals and luckily it hit the other leg on the exit as well so he could not go far. It was also warm and we were worried about the meat if we let him lay too long. He shoots a 7mm-08 youth model and the way this stand is built with small window openings I have no room to put it in a good rest or vice for him. The good news is he didn't have time for buck fever to set in lol. The deer stepped out and 8 seconds later he was having to take the shot at him. I suspect if he had to watch him for any length of time his nerves would have gotten the best of him. They would have mine at that age.

Beagler

Congratulations to your son, nice buck!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Woohoo! Man what a great deer and and even better day! Congrats all the way around! Btw- I would have been proud to put late night tracking a white tail deer, on the tardy slip too!

cliffdweller

Good Gravy...hang it up after that monster...what a beast!

Lindseys Grandpa

Congratulations on a day both of you will never forget . Them fires can get away from you faster than you can believe.

FlipKing

Heck of a buck!