My 9 year old got it done yesterday. Not sure if some of you remember but I had a controlled burn

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
She didn't have a choice...in this case deer hunting was more important than education and sleep. We walked in the school door a smooth 2 hours late this morning. They make me write down an excuse for the tardiness and I almost wrote "trailing a mature Georgia Buck".

That's exactly what I would have written and dared the principal to say something about it. :bounce::rockon:

Congratulations to the both of you. He's a dandy for sure!

rstallings1979

Congrats to the little guy!! He sure set the bar high for the next one?.
Thanks to everyone for the kind words. I told him he doesn't understand the fact that most hunters (including myself) hunt Georgia their entire lives and never harvest a mature deer as nice as this one. My first deer came when I was 14 and it was a button I mistakenly took for a doe. It took me another 10 years to really get one that I could hang on my wall (not this nice). I am glad both of them could be there together and share in the excitement together. He is already researching a few different ways to cook/grill his backstraps in the next week or two.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Big smiles from everyone , don’t get much better ! Congrats to y’all

marshallknight

Congrats. Great story, making memories is what it's all about!

DSGB

Congrats all around! Gonna be hard to top that one!

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote
I hate it when kids kill bucks they haven’t worked for ?? ……. Man I’m just kidding, that is awesome ? Great deer and great story!!!! And we’ll done dad mature buck with both boys is a task ….. This is why I come to the fire ?!!!!!! Congratulations ( is the box stand sound proof)
Man your reachin pretty hard bud , my son killed his first when he was 5 what about yours?? Give it a rest would ya , great buck awesome memories you will have for a long time , we’ll done bubba

CaptKeith

Great buck and story!

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Congratulations to the young man!! An outstanding buck!! Very nice!!!

Matt.M

Congrats to the Big Buck Slayer!

How far of a track was it for the dog? Would you guys have found it without the dog?