My New 22 WRM Pistol

pacecars

I like the .22 mag in a handgun. It makes it more like a .22 LR rifle with a little more pop

crackerdave

Yes,but would it stop an attacker? Shot placement would be the determining factor.
I know.... .22's are for small game and plinking.

Robust Redhorse

It's because the .22 Mag velocity is so fast with jacketed bullets compared to some .38 Special loadings with lead bullets.

The heavier lead bullets going less than 700 fps loses out to a much lighter bullet going nearly 2000 fps.

I'm not saying that I'd choose a 22 Mag over a .38 for self defense...

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Me:
Getting up out of the floor now. :cool:
This^^^ It sure is pretty though! I have a revolver in .22 mag and it came with the .22lr cylinder too. It has a flag painted on the handle, but it’s not quite as nice as yours:oops:

trial&error

To the OP. Grip looks nice and balance looks good.

As to the other discussion.
Speed and force references should always be compared with barrel length. 16-24" barrels are usually used by manufacturers and annotated in most references.

The posted 22wmr 40gr out of a 24" barrel does approach 2000fps. From a 4" barrel the 40 gr drops to 1200-1400fps BBI,
where the 38spl 125gr from a 4" barrel is 950-1100fps BBI

Last edited:
For those to whom it might matter….
The Aguila “Inteceptor” .22lr load, advertised at 1,450fps from a 18.5” rifle barrel, get approximately 1,250-1,325fps from a 6” handgun. Or, in other words, the same velocity as that given by .22wrm, in a 6” handgun.
Powerful stuff! Decently accurate, too.

Reactions: Dub