New Bow

1gr8bldr

I decided last year that this year, once the leaves fall, I would put down my recurve and pick up the compound to finish out the season. Once those leaves are gone, my chances are not good. I just can't decide what I want. We have several pro shops within 45 minutes driving. Each having one or two main lines they sell. I had rather start with the highest ranked. I have shot the HTR. I am not sure how I feel about it. Maybe shooting some others will make one stand out. I see some info on the Elite Impulse that looks good. I will try to find this one to shoot. Any others I should try.

Scoutman

Look at PSE decree hd, draws like a finger bow but much faster. Best bow I've owned in 30 years. I've shot them all, you can spend more but not as smooth.

1gr8bldr

Look at PSE decree hd, draws like a finger bow but much faster. Best bow I've owned in 30 years. I've shot them all, you can spend more but not as smooth.
Thank you. This is what I was hoping for. I have a pse dealer nearby

BigCats

I shoot a elite energy 32 it's smooth good bow as are lots of others I've shot the Mathews chill r a good bit it's also a good shooter, I'm gonna look at the impulse this year if I get a new bow or a obsession. Elite has the best Warranty so I wouldn't be scared to buy a used elite because they have a transferable Warranty and if bow breaks while your at a hunt they send you a bow while your is being fixed.

joshb311

I'n shooting the Elite Judge. Old bow, but still shoots better than most of my friends' new rigs of other varied brands. I've shot quite a few of the major manufacturers flagship bows, and I just like Elite's feel. Every Elite I've shot so far just feels like butter to me. I'm still rather new to slinging sticks, really, so that opinion may change on down the road, but for now, I'm an Elite fanboy.

Old Bart

Hoyt, Prime and Obsession are all great companies with excellent quality bows IMO. Just pick up a few and shoot them, don't let someone on the internet be the deciding factor on what you buy.

joshb311

Hoyt, Prime and Obsession are all great companies with excellent quality bows IMO. Just pick up a few and shoot them, don't let someone on the internet be the deciding factor on what you buy.

I fully agree. They are definitely great companies. Good bows as well. Also, one shouldn't go strictly off of other folks opinions. By all means, shoot as many bows as possible and go with what feels best for you.

No one wants to admit that the bow that they just dumped a grand into at the encouragement of other people isn't all that's it's cracked up to be. This is why I shot no less than 20 different bows before I jumped on the Elite bandwagon.

I'd be willing to bet that once you try an Elite, you'll definitely be putting it at the top of your list of contenders. Plus with a warranty program that's heads and shoulders above the competition, it's something to consider as well.

By all means, though, shoot as many as you can get your hands on. Go to every pro shop that you can find. Make them let you put a few arrows downrange and decide for yourself.

I'm sharing my input because before I shot an Elite, I was completely sold on Hoyt and Bowtech, because they were good shooting bows. I don't claim to be any sort of expert whatsoever. I'm just stating that, to me, Elite was never on my radar before I shot one. Once I did, I felt like I had stepped up to a whole new game. Nothing against you guys that shoot those brands. I imagine that many of you could out-shoot me any day of the week with your bow. Just doing my part for the Elite community and sharing experiences with a fantastic shooting bow.

As a bonus, it's kinda nice not having to sport the same old logos on my gear as everyone else I see. I'm all about being different. Too often folks tow the mainstream line. ;)

1gr8bldr

I drove many miles today looking at bows. I was not liking the dump into the valley. I could not draw a slow draw easing into the valley. No matter what I did, it dumped into the valley and the draw stops clicked. I loved how the Hoyt Nitrum felt in my hand but was not able to shoot it because they did not have my draw length. I had concluded that all the speed bows must be like this. Even the new Elite Impulse. It was better than most but still had that noise from drawing clear through the valley to the wall. Then I drew the PSE Decree. Wow, fast, quiet, no shock, and no dump. I could easily draw with a deer looking at me. With the other bows, there was no drawing slow near the end. I looked at every bow on my list and then some. I figured I would be torn, not able to make a decision because they were all about the same. This was not the case. The Decree was a clear winner.