New Sights S&W 63 22LR

Legnef

I have one of the new 5" SS S&W model 63 8 shot 22LR revolvers. I wuld like to upgrade the sights, any advice?

Thanks

What do you want to do.

S&W revolver sights are about as good as they come. Usually people are trying to figure out how to put S&W sights on other guns.

There are a few changes you can make to the front sight, which are more a matter of preference than an upgrade.

Davexx1

Some bright white or one of the flourescent "sight paint" colors will help and greatly increase the visibility of the old black steel sights. The sight paint sells for about $4. New sights are much more expensive.

I have used "White Out" on some handgun sights. It works, but is easily brushed off.

Dave1

dertiedawg

I have used "White Out" on some handgun sights. It works, but is easily brushed off.

Dave1
Hey Dave, if you use white out, cover it up with a thin layer of clear nail polish and tell us how it works out. This just might make it last much longer... just dont let your girl know your using her clear nail polish. LOL

tv_racin_fan

You might want to test the white out and clear nail polish combo before trying it on your hand gun. IF it doesn't react with the nail polish and make a glob of goo it will make it last longer. I need to do this to my GP100...