New strings and tuning

kwarner

I have just had new strings installed on my DXT and I am getting it sighted back in and breaking in the strings and cables and noticed on my arrows there are marks on both sides of my arrow where the drop away is rubbing it. Should I just put more shots through it and go get it tuned or what do yall think is causing this, I didnt have this problem before the new strings. Ant thoughts?

killNgrill

your nock point has probably changed, or you just need to speed up your rest to make it drop sooner.

kwarner

ok, would this cause the bow to lose speed with the rest problem and new strings? Because my pin gaps have gotten larger for sum reason

G Duck

I would say it is the timing of the rest, like KnG said. Your string to the rest may need to be adjusted, depending on what kind of rest you have. Should just need tuning.

hansel

You do need to shoot the bow some to setting in the strings, but then you need to recheck everything, cam rotation, BH, axle to axle, the idle lean because this will sometimes change after say 50-100 shots. You want the drop away to come up the last 1"or 2" of the draw cycle, you say that the pin gaps are getting larger which I'm thinking you down on poundage, so you should recheck all your specs.

kwarner

yea my 20 and 30 gap is larger but I have only sighted in those two pins. Could it changed after the strings set?

kwarner

does anyone on here tune bows on the side? Of course I am willing to pay and travel I just want my bow to shoot the best it can and im lost when it comes to tuning one but would really like to learn how.

hansel

does anyone on here tune bows on the side? Of course I am willing to pay and travel I just want my bow to shoot the best it can and im lost when it comes to tuning one but would really like to learn how.

I've got pretty good at tuning, but I'm in NE GA.:huh::huh:

kwarner

Yea I am in way down south ga. I am groupin pretty good with it but the pin gaps and the rest is worryin me. Im just the type I hate when something could be better or something is wrong.

killNgrill

that is something worth taking a look at you need to get that worked out... contact with the rest is no good

kwarner

I know does that slow the arrow down any? Could that have anything to do with my pin gaps further apart?

killNgrill

i'd say yes to both questions.
its definately slowing your arrow down, you are losing kinetic energy right off the bat.
you really just cant tune your bow well with fletching contact, your going to have arrow flight issues and a number of problems and getting broadheads to fly straight will be a major headache.
if your centershot and level are good -- your happy with your nockpoint, go ahead and get that rest dropping quicker to clear your fletching.
if you dont feel comfortable doing it, get to a proshop or someone who can help you out... its definately worth it and shouldnt cost you much if anything.

slappy66

Paper tune it. I had a new string put on my bow a few weeks ago. The nock point was way to high. I adjusted my sights accordingly but the more I shot the bow I knew something wasnt right. I put my bow square on and it was 1/2" high. I brought the "D" loop down and paper tuned it from there. (See pics) Who makes you drop away? Is there any way to increase the spring tension?

Attachments

• Dloop.jpg
    Dloop.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 188
  • tune.jpg
    tune.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 189

kwarner

Ok, and im not sure if its hittin my fletchings but I do know its rubbing the arrow because its causing two marks on each side of the arrow.

slappy66

Who make your rest?

slappy66

Sorry got a little ahead of myself. Give me a few mins.

Latest posts