New turkey hunting vest

For the record, I'm a beginner at turkey hunting. Basically I'm starting from scratch equipment and skill wise.
I ordered this vest and it arrived today.
https://www.alpsbrands.com/alpsoutdoorz/products/turkey_gear/long-spur
Now I don't know alot about whats needed and whats not but I know this thing is nice. Its way yonder overbuilt and tough feeling. Obviously I haven't hunted with it but it fits good and sure seems like it will last for years.
Just wanted to put out a little review in case some of ya'll are needing a new vest. I think this is a good one.

This morning when I got home from work I put some some calls and rain gear in it. I took my shotgun and went out back and "set up" under my oecan tree. I like the placement of the pockets. It seems to be very well thought out. I will say that it didn't come with a pad to sit on but I ordered one from the same company and add it on. I sure am glad no one was awake this morning at 0600 to see me playing dress up.?

nick_o_demus

I have one of these and am a shorter/wider fella. They're awesome vests. I loved having the pouches on my chest instead of at my sides. Makes accessing everything much easier. I couldn't get over the bulky shoulder straps that kept weighing down on my neck, with everything loaded, and the chunky waist band. I disconnected the pouches from my vest and connected them to my Bino harness... WAY better (for me) and the pockets are still right where they should be.

Whatever you choose to pack in there, always remember the TP... LOL

Good huntin!

buckpasser

How does the rear pouch work out when you sit down? I like what I see there except for that. It seems more suited for hiking and standing but maybe I’m looking at it wrong. Is there a way to quickly disconnect that back part?

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
How does the rear pouch work out when you sit down? I like what I see there except for that. It seems more suited for hiking and standing but maybe I’m looking at it wrong. Is there a way to quickly disconnect that back part?
I think it zips off. Problem is you gotta take the vest off I'd guess to reattach it. I was looking at that one, but backed out. I like that Knight and Hale Run n Gun 300 too with the mini backpack. Both would ruin my old man in the turkey lounger, jump up and take off approach though. I may be stuck with Ole Cotton for year 26 or so.

Yeah the pouch zips off. I put a poncho in that pouch and it didnt bother me but I was just in my backyard. It could turn out to be a problem later.

Wayne D Davis

Think I'll stick with my old Buckluck Creek vest.....has a padded seat and back rest. Plenty of pockets and a turkey sized game flap on the back along with blazed orange pull out flags