Non Drinking Clubs

Johnny 71

Junebug
Was just at the gas station, my cousin pulls up”hey, what are you doing “ I says “nothing”, he jumps out of his truck, grabs a cold one from his cooler says “ well this’ll make nothing better” then tore out for Chattanooga
I was thinking if 5 more cousins come by, I’m set

SC Hunter

Seeing all this reinforces one reason why I hunt and fish with a very small, select few folks.
Very true. I have 3 people I regularly hunt with and they all know where we stand. The most fun had is when the 4 of us together in a camp or standing around the truck. We will enjoy a beer or 3.
I dissagree!
You would have to clarify "drinking" in your last sentence! I'm happy to do all those things in your last sentence and "drinking"!

Some people on this thread are confusing "drinking" with an impaired dangerous person!!
I'm very proud of the people who had drinking problems and are recovering and quit drinking!!! My hats off to y'all!!! That's awesome!!!
Folks who just don't drink and never have and don't want to, hey that's cool too!!!

But most of us regular drinkers don't have to be "enforced". We just know. Actually.......I forgot where I was goin with this......

Anyway....let's NOT confuse "drinking" with a short term goal of being as impaired as possible!!!!! It's not the same thing!!! I just don't know how to explain it.

Guess what's in the pink drink bottle?
View attachment 980087

Guess what I'm doin at the helm?
View attachment 980092

Everyone has fun around me and safety/resposibility is ALWAYS my FIRST priority! And I can do that without needin "enforcin"!!!!!!!
There is juice in that bottle right???

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Very true. I have 3 people I regularly hunt with and they all know where we stand. The most fun had is when the 4 of us together in a camp or standing around the truck. We will enjoy a beer or 3.

There is juice in that bottle right???

The first time I hunt with anybody, I won`t say a word but I`ll watch them like a hawk.I`m watching to see how they handle a weapon. Gun safety is of the utmost importance to me, and I expect them to watch me as well for the same reason. I fully expect to go home that night with no bullet holes in me and I expect the same for you. There`s folks in the past that I hunted with once or even a few times, before I quietly slipped out. I`ll only look down a gun barrel once and they`re on their own.

After the hunt, nothing wrong with a drink or beer if preferred, but only after the weapons are put up.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Heck there's only 1 that I can regularly hunt with and he gets on my danged nerves about 2 weeks into the season. Course we are together every day for 8 weeks ?

Give Bubba my regards. And good luck to ya`ll this season. :cheers:

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
The first time I hunt with anybody, I won`t say a word but I`ll watch them like a hawk.I`m watching to see how they handle a weapon. Gun safety is of the utmost importance to me, and I expect them to watch me as well for the same reason. I fully expect to go home that night with no bullet holes in me and I expect the same for you. There`s folks in the past that I hunted with once or even a few times, before I quietly slipped out. I`ll only look down a gun barrel once and they`re on their own.

After the hunt, nothing wrong with a drink or beer if preferred, but only after the weapons are put up.
Same here, bud. When it comes to being around guns, I don't tolerate any foolishness. My father stayed on me about gun safety from a very young age, and that has stuck with me to this day. And like you, if I am around others with guns, I'll watch them like a hawk. Of course, that mainly comes from simply not trusting others. I know some absolute fools who hunt, and I wouldn't hunt in the same county if I knew they were around. If you're going to own a gun, you should know how to not only shoot it, but how to properly handle it as well. Sadly, there's a lot of gun owners out there that don't have any common sense.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten

You rode on a jeep with me one day in the piney woods wire grass one day. I did not shoot much because I was busy enjoying you company and knowledge of that area of the state. Nothing was drank on the hunt, but at the end of the day back at the lodge, me and a bunch of friends, did have a few drinks. There was no drama, no arguing, and a lot of fellowship. Wish you could have hung around for it. Ever guide our group has ever hunted with, has complimented us on our safe hunting. If people have a problem with a bunch of old friends sitting around and enjoying a few drinks when the hunt it over, well that is their problem.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Seeing all this reinforces one reason why I hunt and fish with a very small, select few folks.

Nick my old man told me when I was real young that people who would normally never do you wrong about anything else would do you wrong when it comes to hunting or fishing. He said you see the worst come out of otherwise good people. I've seen that proven true over and over and that is why I hunt with a very small circle of folks like you say.

Mexican Squealer

At the end of the day, my farms, my rules....and nothing I love more than putting the guns away, putting the blackstone and/or the Weber’s to work while celebrating the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat with folks beverage of choice...obnoxious folks don’t make the cut whether they are drunk or sober. Never had an issue but I also choose the folks who share my camp. I’m yet to make a bad choice and im grateful for that. Got a pile of folks im proud to call friends in my camp. Those who find me to be less of a Christian or some type of heathen are fools. Yep, judging you the way you judge me....I value my relationship with God and his creation and am thankful im not wound so tight as to not see the forest for the trees...

brian lancaster

again im not judging anyone just stating my concerns for the young people who need leadership and guidance from people who don't smell like beer or whisky

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Surely you can find something better to drink than budlight?

Well I like much ultra and bud select too ?. If I'm drinking draught beer I'm good with a stronger variety like Game Changer that the commies at BWW have on tap. None better in my mind than a homebrew in a little pizza place called Turonis in southern Indy. Honey Blonde Ale is a very good beer and the pizza is sumn else.

FB_IMG_1566045123194.jpgFB_IMG_1566045111311.jpgFB_IMG_1566045088996.jpg