Oakland trying to get Vick......

dixie

IF vick openly admitted he "gave up" on the 05 season if the birds got Oaklands water boy and a trainer for him they'd be better off.

rex upshaw

i am with you on this. if oakland is really serious about this, we should get some of their defensive backs, and take the number one pick and keep our number 10 pick.

i think that we need to hold onto our recievers for another year. they are both number one picks, so i would hate to waste them.

we need help on the defensive side of the ball. i would like to see us draft a stud lb or d-linemen, or maybe adrian peterson, and cut or trade warrick dunn. he is getting old, and he can't score touchdowns in the redzone, and his contract is big.

all in all, if we can dump vick and his contract we need to do it now.

why would you want to hold the receivers we have? they are horrible and none of them can catch, other than finneran. i would like to keep a.l. and finneran and get rid of white and jenkins.

MICHAEL TAYLOR

GET RID OF VICK

PLEASE GET ANYTHING WE CAN FOR VICK NOW, ITS JUST A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE HE IS BUSTED FOR DRUGS OR SHOT LIKE HIS FRIEND WAS IN A DRIVE BY SHOOTING FOR A DRUG DEAL GONE BAD. HE NEVER LIVED UP TO HIS POTENTAL AND NEVER WILL. BI-BI:yeah:

rex upshaw

i'm afraid we are going to have deal with having vick until his contract is up. i hate to see it. this team is going to continue to be mediocre.

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
get rid of the dope smoker.

gdaagent

I think I remember stating this a while back in one of the threads about the firing of Mora.

This would be great.

The Falcons would get rid of the other part of the losing problem. They would get a quality receiver in Moss and another receiver that just didn't like the lack of offensive production in Oakland and voiced his opinion. Schaub would become the starter, as he probably should have been all along, with a stack of receivers to throw to. The Falcons will have the option of trading some of their other receivers to fill other gaps. Maybe deal Porter somewhere else. They need offensive linemen that can block.

They maybe trade the #1 pick to get some Pro Bowl lineman.

What would the Raiders do? They would be trading there top two receivers and the #1 pick for nothing. Vick won't have anybody to throw to. Not that he could hit them, anyway. They would have to hope that a quality receiver was still around at #10 pick.

Good for the Falcons. Bad for Oakland.:yeah:

reylamb

If the Falcons were to pull off that trade it would accelerate the Vick signing bonus into next year.....$23 million against the cap in one season!!!!!!!!!!!! They are already $7 million over next year's cap as it is.......

dixie

If the Falcons were to pull off that trade it would accelerate the Vick signing bonus into next year.....$23 million against the cap in one season!!!!!!!!!!!! They are already $7 million over next year's cap as it is.......

Rey, if it did happen, would the raiders have to pick any of that up or could something be worked into the deal the league would accept to have the raiders pay at least some of the cap?

Cameron197

Take the trade. Pick up that Tech receiver and get rid of Moss in another trade. Shaub and Shockley can handle it. All Atlanta looses is a high priced idiot that can't hit a receiver within 10yds. All he has is speed and another team is trying to take out his legs and end his carrier.

Tim L

Man......I always thought that if there was one team out there that would make a run for Vick it would be Davis and the Raiders...But for Moss and Porter....I still hope they do it while someone is willing to give up something and he has some value.....get rid of the cancer now!

gacowboy

GONetwork Member
I think he will be a nice fit in Oakland. I would not want to get Moss and Porter thought. Maybe a couple of other players and lots of Draft choices.
:pop:

Arrow3

Didn't I suggest this just last month?

Dawg In the Swamp

Take the trade and try and pawn off Moss or Porter to someone like the PAT's for a early 2nd rounder or both for a late first rounder and a 3rd round pick.

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
I'm pretty sour on Vick too but there is absolutely no way he's going anywhere in the next two years. It would cost the Falcons over $20 million in dead money next year.

RCCola

B R E A K I N G N E W S F R O M 1 1 A L I V E . . .

Report: Vick Headed to Oakland?

According to published online reports, NFL sources say that the Oakland Raiders are trying to put together a trade deal that would send Falcons QB Michael Vick to the Bay Area.

The deal would send Oakland receivers Randy Moss and Jerry Porter plus the number one overall draft pick in the upcoming 2007 NFL Draft to the Falcons in exchange for Vick and the Falcons first round pick, which is number ten overall in this year's draft.

Stay tuned to 11Alive and 11Alive.com for updates and more information as soon as it becomes available.

Even if this deal cost the Falcons any money, it will money will spent!

reylamb

Rey, if it did happen, would the raiders have to pick any of that up or could something be worked into the deal the league would accept to have the raiders pay at least some of the cap?

The only portion of the Vick contract that the Raiders would be responsible for is the base salary. While it is nothing to sneeze at it is also not guaranteed, and the Raiders would be free to release him at any time in the future with no cap penalty if they chose to do that.

Teams these days are using bonus money to give the player more up front and then spread that money over the life of the contract. In the case of Vick it was a $30 something million signing bonus that they got to spread over 7 years, so only about 4.5 million of that hits their cap every year. The player walks away from the siging table with a check for the entire bonus up front, but for accounting purposes the team accrues it over the life of the contract................unless.........If the team releases the player prior to June 1 the entire remainder of the bonus is immediately put into the cap for that season, in the case of Vick it would be right at $23 million next season. If they release him after June 1 then they get to divide the remainder of the bonus over 2 seasons, or about $12 million per year, still a lot of dead money, but not the one time hit. If the Falcons trade Vick they are still responsible for the bonus since that money was the only portion of an NFL contract that is guaranteed, so they would have a $23 million hit (give or take a million or 2) counting against their cap next season. That is right at 35% of the total projected cap room for next season for a player that is on some other teams roster.

I just don't see how this trade would be good for Atlanta in any way shape or form. Outside of the cap hit you would be trading Vick for 2 players with sour grapes, and Moss has never been a team player anywhere. With the number of first round WRs on this team it would just show everyone how badly the Falcons wasted picks over the years. Plus, that does not address the glowing problems the Falcons have at O-line, and with the dead cap money it will not allow them to be major players in free agency, and leave them very little room to sign draft picks without wholesale cutting of players off the roster. Keep in mind, the NFL cap is a hard cap, unlike baseball and basketball where teams can go over the cap and pay a luxury tax. Moving Vick now would cripple the Falcons ability to do anything in terms of personell transactions for the next 2 or 3 seasons. As I said, as of today the Falcons are projected to be $7 million over the cap next season anyway, if they trade Vick that number jumps to around $20 million over the cap after the adjustments to Vick's salary......

I would be shocked it the Falcons make this deal, dumbfounded actually. If they make this deal it will cripple them from a cap perspective, and the long-term reprecussions of that decision will last longer than the short-term cap problems, see the SF 49ers for an example of what happens when you get into cap jail.

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
Make the trade and draft Calvin then trade Moss & Porter fo O linemen or draft choices. No brainer.