Opinions on Ram trucks?

Cmp1

BANNED
I did an informal survey the other day,,,,in a hundred mile round trip visit to the Dr's,I counted 12 Ford trucks,,,,including Commercial,,,,one Nissan,,,,split about evenly btwn Chevy and Dodge,,,,we have very hard winters here,so I found this telling,,,,never see a Ford with a plow,,,,

JohnnyWalker

I had a '97 Ram 1500 4x4. I replaced the rear end twice and the front end once. When the rear end started whining on the third time I dumped it quick like. I had it pop lug bolts about every 3 months. The heaviest thing I towed was an 1800# popup camper and a 16' boat and I drove it gentle like. I never floored it or whipped it around.
I traded it in 2005 for a Nissan Titan. The Titan had more power, higher towing capacity, and a little better turning radius.

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Only issue I've had with my Ram 1500 4wd is the 8 speed tranny. 2014 with 160,000. Acquired the shutter (slight) at shift and wants to surge 100 rpms at cruise speed. 75% of those miles are interstate/highway with no heavy trailers. Still gets 20mpg with bigger tires and a custom front bumper. No fluid leaks

Lukikus2

I agree with comfortable. Lots of room in here IMG_2645.PNG

First time I climbed under it and oh my at the bushings.
IMG_2643.JPG

Any ideas of why the pcm was flashed? It does have magnaflow exhaust.
IMG_2646.PNG

Swamprat

Swamprat
I will say there is a ton of late 90's early to mid 2000's Dodges in my area. Truck body looks like they were used for mortar practice but they run like a scalded dog especially the diesels.

Got a friend who has a lawn care business and all he looks for is same age range as mentioned above in 3/4 ton diesel with a manual tranny and he piles on a bunch of miles after they have had a bunch and he is pulling a trailer with 2 commercial mowers plus extras 6 days a week.

I had a 97 Dodge 1500 4x4...got rid of it in 2013 for a 2006 F-250 diesel 4x4 that was to good of a deal to pass up. That 1500 on 35" BFG's would get me thru a bunch of junk.