Out of state hunt

Stackem

Got a group of guys talking about going on a hunt. Location is not settled but here is what we are up against. Some guys want to hunt with a rifle and 1 or 2 of us want to bow hunt. I would be of the bow hunters and would like the opportunity to take deer and hogs. Can anyone recommend a outfitter that could handle a diverse group like we would have. I know its late but would still like to go this year. Pls let me know if you have any suggestions.

shdw633

I would recommend somewhere in Texas, just because you want hog and deer. Though I have no outfitter to speak of, I highly recommend that when going with a group that you try a DIY hunt in a state of your groups choosing. It's enjoyable, not as expensive, generally you can hunt your choice of weapon depending on the season and you get to know the areas better, as you can go from public land to public land instead of being locked into one area. Just my .02 cents.

Jim Boyd

SC and GA are probably as good as any if you want deer and hogs.

Yes, Texas would also be a great choice.

If I were going to do DIY on public land, I would do a late summer scouting trip.

That is how I got started in Illinois but the land was crowded during season so I opted to go the lease route after that.

Good luck! Post up some pics!

Latest posts