Paul Teachings VS Jesus Teachings.

gordon 2

Centerpin, I wish I could talk to you about what I know from my christian tradition about Isreal and Palestine. I wish I could learn from you, for what you know and your ideas and from your christian tradition regards...Isreal and Palestine. But I don't think it would be possible for us to control or for the moderators to control the topic long before it got into a political debate.

All I will say is that it is not "nice" to force Arab christians from their land and their homes. It is not "nice" to take their land and to limit their movements on their own lands no matter who does it... Isreali or Palestinian. It is not nice to deport them. It is not "nice" for Isrealis to build settlements and occupy Palistinian land. And it is not "nice" for us to ignore these things, to turn our backs to it, for either religious or political reasons. Justice cannot be withheld from the will of God, unless God himself is deported, and robbed of his property.

Now I know that the muslims are a great challenge to the Isreali and all the world and that the Isreali is a great challenge to Palestine. What I say above stands. "Once again" just does not cut it. Justice is justice even for small peoples and small cultures. Injustice is just that, commited by friend or foe, it is still injustice.

It is a thing to minister to Haitians, to compete for the impoverished souls there and especially when everyone is there to see you do it; it is another to turn our backs on, and to only secretly see so no one will know we are aware, to hide ourselves of the injustices caused by our own in the names of values foreign to God. Sometimes it makes us re-write scripture and make God into our image. (And I'm not talking about you, that you do this centerpin fan.)

May the Fragrance of Sharon be with you and all who love God.

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

Did he Chose him ? :huh::huh:

Would like to know why you think he didn't. It is in Acts, who wrote Acts?
My thread similar to this one was on resolution not division.
Luke definitely mentioned Saul/Paul. Their definitely is a difference in the way Jesus & Paul preached.
Why can't we find some resolution. Is it who they were preaching too? Is it a Jew/Gentile thing? Did they have different missions? Was Paul not as apostolic? Are current preachers not a apostolic? Saul's earlier bio was different from the 12 disciples bio, did that have something to do with it? How does the Apostles & Paul's faith differ from ours? Who wouldn't go through what Saul went through and not repent? Did he have a choice? When did the Holy Spirit take over his life? How do we know everything he wrote was directly from the Holy Spirit? Because the Bible tells us so.

centerpin fan

Centerpin, I wish I could talk to you about what I know from my christian tradition about Isreal and Palestine. I wish I could learn from you, for what you know and your ideas and from your christian tradition regards...Isreal and Palestine. But I don't think it would be possible for us to control or for the moderators to control the topic long before it got into a political debate.

All I will say is that it is not "nice" to force Arab christians from their land and their homes. It is not "nice" to take their land and to limit their movements on their own lands no matter who does it... Isreali or Palestinian. It is not nice to deport them. It is not "nice" for Isrealis to build settlements and occupy Palistinian land. And it is not "nice" for us to ignore these things, to turn our backs to it, for either religious or political reasons. Justice cannot be withheld from the will of God, unless God himself is deported, and robbed of his property.

Now I know that the muslims are a great challenge to the Isreali and all the world and that the Isreali is a great challenge to Palestine. What I say above stands. "Once again" just does not cut it. Justice is justice even for small peoples and small cultures. Injustice is just that, commited by friend or foe, it is still injustice.

It is a thing to minister to Haitians, to compete for the impoverished souls there and especially when everyone is there to see you do it; it is another to turn our backs on, and to only secretly see so no one will know we are aware, to hide ourselves of the injustices caused by our own in the names of values foreign to God. Sometimes it makes us re-write scripture and make God into our image. (And I'm not talking about you, that you do this centerpin fan.)

May the Fragrance of Sharon be with you and all who love God.

Artfuldodger

I will have to agee with Centerpin fan on this one. Israel is not the aggressor. Israel needs to take back the Sinai Peninsula and the UN should back them.
Don't Jews, Christians, Muslims and Baha'is all live in Israel?

gordon 2

This is my university.

Hosea Chapter 14 הוֹשֵׁעַ
א
ב שׁוּבָה, יִשְׂרָאֵל, עַד, יְהוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ: כִּי כָשַׁלְתָּ, בַּעֲו- -ֹנֶךָ. 2 Return, O Israel, unto the LORD thy God; for thou hast stumbled in thine iniquity.
ג קְחוּ עִמָּכֶם דְּבָרִים, וְשׁוּבוּ אֶל-יְהוָה; אִמְרוּ אֵלָיו, כָּל-תִּשָּׂא עָו- -ֹן וְקַח-טוֹב, וּנְשַׁלְּמָה פָרִים, שְׂפָתֵינוּ. 3 Take with you words, and return unto the LORD; say unto Him: 'Forgive all iniquity, and accept that which is good; so will we render for bullocks the offering of our lips.
ד אַשּׁוּר לֹא יוֹשִׁיעֵנוּ, עַל-סוּס לֹא נִרְכָּב, וְלֹא-נֹאמַר עוֹד אֱלֹהֵינוּ, לְמַעֲשֵׂה יָדֵינוּ--אֲשֶׁר-בְּךָ, יְרֻחַם יָתוֹם. 4 Asshur shall not save us; we will not ride upon horses; neither will we call any more the work of our hands our gods; for in Thee the fatherless findeth mercy.'
ה אֶרְפָּא, מְשׁוּבָתָם--אֹהֲבֵם, נְדָבָה: כִּי שָׁב אַפִּי, מִמֶּנּוּ. 5 I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely; for Mine anger is turned away from him.
ו אֶהְיֶה כַטַּל לְיִשְׂרָאֵל, יִפְרַח כַּשּׁוֹשַׁנָּה; וְיַךְ שָׁרָשָׁיו, כַּלְּבָנוֹן. 6 I will be as the dew unto Israel; he shall blossom as the lily, and cast forth his roots as Lebanon.
ז יֵלְכוּ, יֹנְקוֹתָיו, וִיהִי כַזַּיִת, הוֹדוֹ; וְרֵיחַ לוֹ, כַּלְּבָנוֹן. 7 His branches shall spread, and his beauty shall be as the olive-tree, and his fragrance as Lebanon.
ח יָשֻׁבוּ יֹשְׁבֵי בְצִלּוֹ, יְחַיּוּ דָגָן וְיִפְרְחוּ כַגָּפֶן; זִכְרוֹ, כְּיֵין לְבָנוֹן. 8 They that dwell under his shadow shall again make corn to grow, and shall blossom as the vine; the scent thereof shall be as the wine of Lebanon.
ט אֶפְרַיִם, מַה-לִּי עוֹד לָעֲצַבִּים; אֲנִי עָנִיתִי וַאֲשׁוּרֶנּוּ, אֲנִי כִּבְרוֹשׁ רַעֲנָן--מִמֶּנִּי, פֶּרְיְךָ נִמְצָא. 9 Ephraim [shall say]: 'What have I to do any more with idols?' As for Me, I respond and look on him; I am like a leafy cypress-tree; from Me is thy fruit found.
י מִי חָכָם וְיָבֵן אֵלֶּה, נָבוֹן וְיֵדָעֵם: כִּי-יְשָׁרִים דַּרְכֵי יְהוָה, וְצַדִּקִים יֵלְכוּ בָם, וּפֹשְׁעִים, יִכָּשְׁלוּ בָם. {ש} 10 Whoso is wise, let him understand these things, whoso is prudent, let him know them. For the ways of the LORD are right, and the just do walk in them; but transgressors do stumble therein. {P}

And Art, do you know what is happening right now in the Holy Land? This very minute--is Isreal deporting people from Palestine and confiscating their land and annexing it? Peace?...ah yes the peace of the Lord? Look up who Ephraim was and his relationship to the conquest of Cannaan. Above God is talking to Ephraim as settled Isreal then and Isreal re-settled today... and all who would hear His voice.

And Centerpin fan concerning the video and the point that parties in the middle east want to rub themselves out. It is true to a point and perhaps only a little more so than with what some of the folk say they are ready to do on the political forum here for the injury they percieve from injustice . Give them a shove from the state and the church and that is all it will take that they will annialate anyone and everyone including each other and they will find ways to glory in it. Human nature is what it is, but so is justice.

Peace.

Last edited:

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Paul's Teachings VS Jesus Teachings

Not going to address each of these, but rest assured there is no VS.
If you truly see contradictions here, please re-read these verses bearing in mind the context, not just the content. That should clear most if not all of these up for you.