Physical Therapy a Doctor???

Big Foot

They now call Physical Therapist “Doctor”???

Shut the front door!

ryanh487

There's a lot of anatomy, physics, and medical knowledge to create an effective physical therapy plan. I have no problem calling one doctor and in many ways they know more about the body's functions, capabilities, healing, etc than your GP who can simply tell you something is broken.

obadiah

I believe they ha e changed the requirements so that new physical therapists must have their PhD but not an MD.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
My daughter was looking into becoming a PT, and just as she graduated high school, they changed the requirements. In Georgia, it used to be that you could get a 2 year AD at a trade school in PT, or a 4 year degree at a college. Not any more. You either get the AD degree in about 18 months, or you go full blown and get a doctorate in it. No more 4 year degrees.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I have 2 family members that are DPT. They are smart and ambitious.They also have a lot of schooling and also $$$$$ owed.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I have 2 family members that are DPT. They are smart and ambitious.They also have a lot of schooling and also $$$$$ owed.

my daughter decided against it because of the schooling requirements. She decided she didn't want to go to school another 6 to 8 years

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
my daughter decided against it because of the schooling requirements. She decided she didn't want to go to school another 6 to 8 years
That is what makes most people decide against going into PT.
One works with autistic children and the other works with disabled children.Before any one ask.They both have this opinion."Its up to the parents to decide of CBD will help their children.It is not my place to advise for or against, only to work with the childs abilities."

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Guess what? A pharmacist is a doctor of pharmacy