Piedmont NWR

Mac

Is anyone going next week on the ML hunt?

I will be there with a friend from near Gainesville GA.

I went several years ago so I know, a little more, what to expect now.

Mac

Good luck to you Coon Hunter, I will give a after hunt report.

Mac

No shots were taken, saw a few Does and one shooter that could not get a shot.

I did learn a lot about how it works at that place.
The rule about not leaving vehicles parked overnight and not coming on the NWR before two hours of sunrise are not followed.!!!
I saw trucks that had not moved for three days. I guess folks are thinking they are claiming a pull-off spot?
The day before the hunt you are allowed to hang stands. Folks were sitting at a pull-off all day long. Two guys in two trucks had 6 other chairs sitting out at that spot. We only ever saw two people there for three days. LOL
People left the campground at 4:00 AM to I guess go claim their pull-off spot.
Note some of those pull-offs would access 500 plus acres.

I was lucky and did not see another person while I was hunting.

I guess you have to learn how to play the game on Public Land?

coon hunter

The rule about not leaving vehicles parked overnight and not coming on the NWR before two hours of sunrise are not followed.!!!
I saw trucks that had not moved for three days. I guess folks are thinking they are claiming a pull-off spot?
The day before the hunt you are allowed to hang stands. Folks were sitting at a pull-off all day long. Two guys in two trucks had 6 other chairs sitting out at that spot. We only ever saw two people there for three days. LOL

Yeah some people get there super early to claim a spot. Any idea what the count for kills were?

Timberman

Glad you enjoyed it.

The beauty of that place is what they are guarding is no better than any other spot on that place.

I hunted it for several years I was always able to get in deer and away from the crowds.

One thing for sure is those folks leaving trucks etc will mess with the Feds one too many times…

BASS1FUN

My worst public land experience was on that place so I stopped going, I tried it once more a few years ago but no success, use to love the turkey hunts but they ruined it by opening up roads that use to stay closed and people driving around calling from their vehicles so I decided to keep my $12.50

Reactions: Mac