New Purchases for Next Season

Lilly001

Just ordered a new Tacticam.
I have one and love it.
I’m going to keep a real close eye on the deers this summer.

Mac

I have both, use the harrow and then the tiller to get a smooth seed bed.

SC Hunter

I'll probably be buying the middle boy a deer rifle of his own before next season. I've looked at the xbolt micro composites and like them. I've got a vx3 2.5-10x40 in the closet for whatever we get him. It will either be in 6.5 cm or 308 ammo is cheaper for the 308, but we already have a good bit of 6.5 cm.

NMH5050

I'll probably be buying the middle boy a deer rifle of his own before next season. I've looked at the xbolt micro composites and like them. I've got a vx3 2.5-10x40 in the closet for whatever we get him. It will either be in 6.5 cm or 308 ammo is cheaper for the 308, but we already have a good bit of 6.5 cm.

Me too. My son has been using a 300 B/O and and will be able to handle a larger caliber and frame next season.

dhsnke

I keep thinking I should get me a 308. We're going to have easy access to a Cashiers NC house where there is quick and easy access to a large population of bears on National Forest land (it's literally a 5 minute drive from the driveway). My 243 does great with deer. I'd want more firepower for a bear.
My Mentor grew up in Cashiers. He was my older brother in law. He was a true mountain man. He grew up in a little house close to the lake in Cashiers. He would come get me during Thankgiving week and we would hunt in Rainbow Springs between Murphy and Franklin. I was elevin years old then. We had some fun times and good hunts over the years. He taught me how to hunt them old mountain bucks. He was a heckuva turkey hunter also. Sadley he passed a couple of years ago. I'm 58 now but the memories seem like yesterday.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Just got a stealth cam SD card Viewer headed my way. I’ve had so many problems trying to use different readers on my phone, I decided to get one wih a screen.
Got new Realtree Timber camo pants and a hoodie for Christmas so there is that,. Ordered a single burner mini camp stove for making coffee in my new outdoor percolator that’s not new anymore. I don’t have the patients to wait for it, so as soon as the water is hot, I pour a cup and pour it over the grate/cover. Do this twice and it’s ready to go!! it’s so much better and more fun than instant!. I want to do more camping and going to WMAs I haven’t been to.……a chickasawahatchee trip is practically on my bucket list!
When they went on sale I ordered 4 packs of #207 Schwackers and two 5 packs of Axe broadheads….they are a similar to the schwackers design. Should be good for the rest of my life, but I hope not!

Blackston

Just got a stealth cam SD card Viewer headed my way. I’ve had so many problems trying to use different readers on my phone, I decided to get one wih a screen.
Got new Realtree Timber camo pants and a hoodie for Christmas so there is that,. Ordered a single burner mini camp stove for making coffee in my new outdoor percolator that’s not new anymore. I don’t have the patients to wait for it, so as soon as the water is hot, I pour a cup and pour it over the grate/cover. Do this twice and it’s ready to go!! it’s so much better and more fun than instant!. I want to do more camping and going to WMAs I haven’t been to.……a chickasawahatchee trip is practically on my bucket list!
When they went on sale I ordered 4 packs of #207 Schwackers and two 5 packs of Axe broadheads….they are a similar to the schwackers design. Should be good for the rest of my life, but I hope not!
As soon as ya get drawed a random act of kindness has earned you all I know about the place

slow motion

Pretty decent clearance going on at MidwayUSA. Yesterday ordered a new xbow and a replacement for the breech plug removal tool I had previously lost. Got an email today it has shipped. Xbow was on clearance for 310.00 off. Been wanting one with a crank. Some days my shoulders get angry if I shoot much using a rope cocker. This one seems to use half moon bolts also so no proprietary nocked bolts.
Screenshot_20240124-164709_Chrome.jpg