New Purchases for Next Season

NMH5050

Now that the season is almost over....What are you planning on getting for next year? I went to Alabama last weekend and hunted in a Antler blind and just bought one. Anyone else creating a list?

Waddams

I keep thinking I should get me a 308. We're going to have easy access to a Cashiers NC house where there is quick and easy access to a large population of bears on National Forest land (it's literally a 5 minute drive from the driveway). My 243 does great with deer. I'd want more firepower for a bear.

ddd-shooter

I keep thinking I should get me a 308. We're going to have easy access to a Cashiers NC house where there is quick and easy access to a large population of bears on National Forest land (it's literally a 5 minute drive from the driveway). My 243 does great with deer. I'd want more firepower for a bear.
Lots of bears have fallen to the ole .243. Some giants, too.
But I’m not here to keep you from buying a new rifle, lol

175rltw

BANNED
I planted 5 last year. Two have grown past the 72" tubes and one produced a few nuts.. Going to fertilize them heavy this spring. Good luck.
I’m picking up 3 7 gallon trees that bore nuts this year and a 10 pack of seedlings. I’m assuming I’ll cut the trees back to poles when I plant them and maybe again next year

I’ve got pines oaks and persimmons coming from GFC.

Lilly001

I’m starting to decide what trees to replace the dead ones in my orchard.
The different apples all died. It took three years for the last two to go.
Pears are doing good but I did lose one out of eight.
The persimmons, 2wild and 2 oriental are in their second year and going great.
I’m looking at about a dozen new trees. Maybe plum and persimmons.
I’ve got lots of red oaks but I don’t want nuts in the orchard.

175rltw

BANNED
I’m starting to decide what trees to replace the dead ones in my orchard.
The different apples all died. It took three years for the last two to go.
Pears are doing good but I did lose one out of eight.
The persimmons, 2wild and 2 oriental are in their second year and going great.
I’m looking at about a dozen new trees. Maybe plum and persimmons.
I’ve got lots of red oaks but I don’t want nuts in the orchard.

I’ve got a wood line consisting of red oak water oak and live oak wild pecan that badjiind planted pines on one side and fades into plum thicket: blackberry / early succession that yields to pines savannah on the other I’m adding a corridor of planted pines to help adjust how deer move across the property and putting chestnuts in the corner where it meets the early succession and I’ll plant the persimmons along the hardwood wood line and that place will be good to go.

Lilly001

I’ve got a wood line consisting of red oak water oak and live oak wild pecan that badjiind planted pines on one side and fades into plum thicket: blackberry / early succession that yields to pines savannah on the other I’m adding a corridor of planted pines to help adjust how deer move across the property and putting chestnuts in the corner where it meets the early succession and I’ll plant the persimmons along the hardwood wood line and that place will be good to go.
My problem with persimmons is getting females.
Ive got a few nice male trees that I’m going to try grafting with female shoots.
Ive read on here how to do it. Now I need to put it to practice.

buckpasser

I’m gonna need to replace a tactacam that died this year. I don’t care much for using them to hunt by, but I’ve got the kids pretty good at checking them and getting excited seeing game on the ride home to/from school.

I’ve also considered one of the Moultrie “quiet” type trickle feeders to put on one of my remote places to run the camera on for better excitement.

None of this is really my style, but I’m mostly a dad guide these days…

krizia829

We got a new ground blind to be able to take our girls to other spots. May buy 1 more and some comfortable blind chairs. I'd like to get one of those BOG tripods for them to shoot as well. Those things aren't cheap! Other than that, we normally use the same gear over and over each year

Long Cut

Rebuild the ol Honda Rancher- Carb, Shift Angle Sensor, Tune-Up
Buy & Plant Sawtooth, Chestnut & possibly Pear trees
Buy a Trijicon or Nightforce scope for the AR build

Triple C

Now that the season is almost over....What are you planning on getting for next year? I went to Alabama last weekend and hunted in an Antler blind and just bought one. Anyone else creating a list?
You by any chance referring to the Antler Shed deer blind? If so, you hit a home run IMO. Have owned a Redneck since 2016. Added 2 of the Antler Shed’s this year. Like the Antler Shed blinds much better than my Redneck blind.
IMG_0578.jpegIMG_0050.jpeg
IMG_0703.jpeg