What are you doing next year or changing?

turkeykirk

Are you willing to step in front of me to stop the charge of a mad hog, bear, gator, rattlesnake, yellow jackets, horse flies, and other poachers for me? :unsure:
I’ll tote the gun. We can let Rooster go first.:biggrin2::rofl:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Trying saddle hunting for the first time at age 55 , should be interesting
YASSS! I think I got a head start over you….i was 52? You’re gonna love it, especially if you bow hunt!
This year, I’m gonna mix it up with 1 sticking and I have a few SRT presets to hunt. I have a place Close to home I’m gonna center in on and probably spend most of my time there. The biggest change I’m making in my hunting strategy is to get closer to the thick stuff and get away from those long views. If I can see close To 100 yards all the way around me, in the wrong spot!

IIICrkRepr

Interesting year for my club and myself personally. Our lease in GA was cut end of season, we pulled all our gear out of the woods in anticipation of the final result. We now have access to areas we never entered and will have to relearn the property. Really looking forward to rifle season this year. I am also 2 weeks out from closing on some hunting land within 15 minutes of my home. I am looking forward to getting this project underway, getting it set up and having the ability to get out in the woods anytime I feel like it.

slow motion

Interesting year for my club and myself personally. Our lease in GA was cut end of season, we pulled all our gear out of the woods in anticipation of the final result. We now have access to areas we never entered and will have to relearn the property. Really looking forward to rifle season this year. I am also 2 weeks out from closing on some hunting land within 15 minutes of my home. I am looking forward to getting this project underway, getting it set up and having the ability to get out in the woods anytime I feel like it.
Congratulations on the purchase. If you have time and desire we love pics and details of your progress on your new property. No doubt it will be a fantastic journey.

Jim Boyd

Giant congrats on owning!

Best of wishes!

ditchdoc24

I got access to some land close to my house for hog hunting and will probably be deer hunting it some this fall. Going to split my time between that property and my lease in Monroe County. I've been considering trying saddle hunting this year so I got a saddle and some sticks. Just need to start practicing with them.

01Foreman400

Staff member
I didn’t hunt nearly as much this past season as I normally do. I helped coach my youngest son football team. This year I’ll be coaching football and basketball. I also lost a couple of tracts of land as well.

Jim Boyd

I am full bore on land improvements this year, I am building a 500 yard shooting range that requires a tower and I have to redo a kitchen floor in the farm house that I screwed up on install a few years ago.

We are moving into the farm house this fall and Jo has made it plainly known that the floor will be done before retirement and the full move in.

I will also have to manage the land for deer hunting so my friends and family can come “drop the tailgate and load them up”.

That said, I don’t see a lot of SC seat time for me.

Illinois, I am gonna press harder than normal.

Good luck to all!

slow motion

I am full bore on land improvements this year, I am building a 500 yard shooting range that requires a tower and I have to redo a kitchen floor in the farm house that I screwed up on install a few years ago.

We are moving into the farm house this fall and Jo has made it plainly known that the floor will be done before retirement and the full move in.

I will also have to manage the land for deer hunting so my friends and family can come “drop the tailgate and load them up”.

That said, I don’t see a lot of SC seat time for me.

Illinois, I am gonna press harder than normal.

Good luck to all!
Gonna be an epic fall brother. Deers are gonna fall. Plenty of good food, good times, and good fellowship. A few beverages won't hurt either.

DSGB

My plan is to hunt public land more during archery/early season and save my lease for the rut. I also hope to reclaim a few logging decks for food plots, but I'm afraid they may still have too much debris under all the blackberry briars.

godogs57

I'll be switching around my rifles a bit. My Jarrett rifle is my standard go-to gun for good reason. I'll be using stuff I haven't killed a deer with in awhile. Get a doe with my bow, one with my Delta Elite 10mm pistol, perhaps one with my Garand on Veterans Day.....maybe carry my vintage Winchester 1886 (33 WCF). Just a little change up

Last edited:

godogs57

My plan is to hunt public land more during archery/early season and save my lease for the rut. I also hope to reclaim a few logging decks for food plots, but I'm afraid they may still have too much debris under all the blackberry briars.
Push the debris out of the way next winter when everything is dead. Roundup on the briars now, when they green up. A tractor with a bucket would be a big help if you could get one.

Then lime it well after it's cleared off.