What are you doing next year or changing?

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Something I’m gonna change is hunt some public land that has hogs . I know many hate them but I really enjoy hunting areas that have them . Since I lost my lease in South ga a few years ago I haven’t hunted anywhere with a decent chance to kill one .

slow motion

Something I’m gonna change is hunt some public land that has hogs . I know many hate them but I really enjoy hunting areas that have them . Since I lost my lease in South ga a few years ago I haven’t hunted anywhere with a decent chance to kill one .
I'm with you brother. Hunting hogs is fun and who doesn't like pork chops.

turkeykirk

Last season I hunted less than I`ve ever hunted in my life, but that will change this next season. Got access to a place close to our cabin. Deer, turkeys, and ducks, in a big swamp. Looking forward to it. Especially if my health improves some.
I’m your man if you need a gun bearer. :rofl: IMG_8739.jpeg

Lindseys Grandpa

Due to developers buying up 90% of my hunting land I am gonna hunt hard 1st of season get me about 3 for meat and then fish more than I hunt . Fall is some of best fishing of year but I have never take advantage of it to busy chasing Bambi .

Mackie889

1) Stop spending time trapping the beavers that cause flooding on some of my property … start hunting the wood ducks that are using those flooded areas.
2) Move a couple of deer stands to new areas
3) I should be retired by Nov. 1st, so definitely hunt more after that.
4) Shoot a doe or two … I’ve been passing them up because of a goal to build the population. According to trail camera pics, mission accomplished on that goal.

ugajay

My 5 year old will be 6 come deer season and I'm gonna take him more. I think our longest sit last year was 15 minutes at the most but I refuse to tell him no when he wants to go even if I know it's 5 minutes then he's ready to go home and shoot sparrows with his bb gun. I know one day I'll miss those 5 minute hunts with my best buddy

sprewett

Nothing in regards to the private land I hunt in Paulding but really planning on spending a lot more time on public this coming year. Found some promising areas late season and looking forward to getting after it.

Havana Dude

Well, since I can’t predict health concerns, I’m just hoping my other knee doesn’t go out a month before season opens. Having said that, it’s simple, but I want to spend more time in camp. Not hunting time, but between hunts etc. I live about 8 miles from where I hunt. So, going home after the morning hunt, tends to be the norm. So I’ll just say, try and enjoy the place more. If someone joins me, great, if not, I’ll be fine.

JDBrown

I'm going to move a couple of stands, and try to find another spot to hunt some, to give the farm a break some, if possible.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Brother, if you ever needed a Silent to be your gunbearer, you shouldn't have a doubt in your mind about who it should be...
Now, when are we going turkey hunting? ;)

Are you willing to step in front of me to stop the charge of a mad hog, bear, gator, rattlesnake, yellow jackets, horse flies, and other poachers for me? :unsure:

turkeykirk

Brother, if you ever needed a Silent to be your gunbearer, you shouldn't have a doubt in your mind about who it should be...
Now, when are we going turkey hunting? ;)
I volunteered first! :biggrin2: :rofl: