Best handwarming muff for next season

mtclev5651

Trying to be proactive and get some stuff on sale for next years late season cold. What hand warmer has been your go to?

Thanks and I hope everyone’s weekend is blessed with your family.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Best one I’ve EVER found was at the Buckarama 20 or more years ago. They don’t make them anymore. I use it every season. I’ve got others that are junk. I’ll eventually need to replace this one.
8BA5B5EE-32F1-45E5-8BA7-7F69D791FA8A.jpeg
5CE56F95-735D-43C2-89A0-E22309434A93.jpeg

uturn

All my gear has a “Kangaroo Pouch“ I believe that’s what they call them…that way I never leave home without them!

I wear thin liner gloves as I’m archery only and can hold and shoot my bow with them on but, if I did not have the wears I would assuredly use a hand muff, I actually own a couple…1 I won at a Ducks Unlimited Event and 1 Sitka Gear they both attach around the waist and are soft and quite!

Think there are some really nice ones to be found with a little diggin…Good luck!

flatsmaster

There maybe better ones out there I haven’t tried but I’m also bow only and non stop texting or LFTT so only use a glove to climb cold ladder then hands are in the muff
I have a first lite that is solid but daughter bought me the old Milwaukee muff that uses a battery and it’s my go to now … I’m 68 and hands always out typing so there all challenging to get my hands warm again but it does the best and sometimes if in 20’s I still throw the shake up hand warmers inside it and I can warm up my slice of pound cake

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
If this one comes back in stock it is great. Best part is the waist belt is heavy duty and hasnt either stretched out or broken at the buckle or the stitches come out where connected like others I've used. I am 2 seasons in with it and I havent looked at others since the purchase.

Windproof and sherpa fleece inside.

Kris87

I have one of the Cabelas Goose Down muffs, and I really am not a fan of muffs after trying to make myself want to use it. It actually makes your hands sweat, which makes things worse when you have to take them out and leave them out(holding your bow, binoculars, etc).

livetohunt

I like Jacket pockets and don't like muffs. If its super cold I put a handwarmer inside of each jacket pocket. I felt like muffs were bulky and didn't work as good for me as the pockets..Everyone has a different method..

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Wool gloves. I hunt in the teens and single digits, and never had a handwarming muff. It would probably be nice, though, especially if you're bowhunting.

earlthegoat2

Mine is a product from a company called Grabber Warmers. One of the very best IMO as well. Made in the mid 90s I bought it when I was about 17.

My uncle was the operations manager for Grabber Warmers for 30 years. The muff is long out of production and the company was sold to Hot Hands.

frankwright

I have a fleece one I bought at Cabela's years ago. It works really well but I don't use it that much, just one more thing to carry.

The secret is not to use the tiny handwarmers you find everywhere. Get the big Jumbo's. I use them for everything, even as regular warmers in my coat pocket.

I can never find them local so I order online.
Example: https://www.amazon.com/HotHands-Extra-Large-Super-Warmer/dp/B07HF6CFXR

Southbow

I'll second the First Lite hand muff. I've had one for two years now and I used to wear thin gloves (bowhunt all year) and put hand warmers in my jacket pockets. With the muff I still wear thin gloves and don't need the hand warmers. The muff is crazy warm even at 30 or lower.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Bought my wife a hand warmer from REI that's battery operated and shaped similar in size and shape to a computer mouse. She says it works great.
I have the exact same one , it actually looks just like a computer mouse and it’s rechargeable . Mine was a Christmas gift and it’s still in the package

Jim Boyd

Good thread. I haven't tried one either but pretty sure I've read @Jim Boyd and @flatsmaster use them. No doubt others as well.

I use them religiously in the Midwest.

Have used several and I think the one I have now is from Cabela’s.

Put a couple of hand warmers in there and wear very thin gloves and you are good to go.

My hands are never cold and they come out of the muff instantly when you need them (you know, for grabbing the bow and such).