Rage Hypodermic Broadhead

Im looking at changing my broadheads to the rage hypodermic expandable. Iv'e heard some say they love them but i've also had others say that they have problems with not expanding or opening before impact. Whats yall's opinion on them???

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I think they are supposed to open at impact, not before. I had success with the knockoff kind and they were accurate. Check the packages cause some are really old and I wonder if they are even original or are they bootleg.....a new package should have a practice head. This year I am using axe bone crushers. They are just like shwackers but the blade is curved. When they deploy the blade, it is already inside the target......they are flying like FPs. I like the simple design and it would seem impossible for them to not open.

snooker1

I have used them for the past couple of years with no issue, always had good blood. This year I am using the Rage Trypan with 2 1/4 + cut. They are the same as the Hypodermic but the collars are a little different.

pete2018

I have used almost all rage products in the past some I loved and others I didn’t. Because some the blades would get bent with first shot or they would open in flight. But try the grim reaper broad heads. I tried them and never went back. I killed 3 hogs this year with mine. All 3 clean threw and blades still sharp and not bent.

D

Deleted member 35556

They're good shooting broadside on deer or quartering away. The issues can be deflection when you shoot quartering towards from my understanding. They fly just like a field point. They open on contact or just after basically. Next year I'll probably make the switch to a higher FOC and fixed blade broad head. It's just a bit more work than screwing in a mechanical and knowing they fly like fields.

coolbreezeroho

Curious do you test shoot your broadheads and replace the blades or put on a new broadhead ? I shoot old style fixed blade muzzys.

I love mine! shot plenty of critters with them and never had any problems
I also about 2 years ago ordered the chinese knockoffs from ebay, they work great too
I shot through one of those master Bass Pro Catalogs with the knockoff and it worked great, I also shot a doe with one and she ran 45 yards and piled up, so I ordered 36 more knockoffs. Only thing is, I did order the Rage brand collars for them, the brand name collars are better

Tadder

Trypan works great. Check out Curly's down tread and look at that entry hole. No problem finding this one.