Recommend an outfitter

13ptbuck

I found out we lost our lease last night. Thinking about skipping out on a club this year. What outfitters do you recommend?

Waddams

Ick. Sorry. I went with Woods N Water once. Great place to stay, had a great time on the trip, other than the deer took off from moving when we went (I think we hit it just as the rut lockdown started). There were like 13 guys staying at their cabins, none of us saw hardly anything. Plenty of sign, saw plenty of deer on the roads driving back to the cabin at night. They just wouldn't step out during daylight.

I might do it again one day, though.

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote
Ick. Sorry. I went with Woods N Water once. Great place to stay, had a great time on the trip, other than the deer took off from moving when we went (I think we hit it just as the rut lockdown started). There were like 13 guys staying at their cabins, none of us saw hardly anything. Plenty of sign, saw plenty of deer on the roads driving back to the cabin at night. They just wouldn't step out during daylight.

I might do it again one day, though.
Sounds like it was pressured

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote
I found out we lost our lease last night. Thinking about skipping out on a club this year. What outfitters do you recommend?
Where r you trying to go ? Out of state? If so it would have to be an over the counter tag state being this late

13ptbuck

Thinking out of state. But I am open to looking at anything. Might have to put it off till next year. Figured things were mostly booked this year.

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote
I’ve got good places in Texas, Kansas, Wisconsin . I can tell you some not so good places also in Kentucky Nebraska South Carolina and Texas. If your interested pm me

bilgerat

Senior
Look into Missouri , over the counter tags , great hunting in the northern half of the state with a chance of a sho nuff good un. I’ve hunted with north west Missouri outfitters several times and had a great hunts and seen a bunch of good bucks.

zmgsvt

You'll need an over the counter tag for most of the Midwest this late in the year. Try Oklahoma, Missouri, Kentucky, or Indiana for a rifle hunt but gun hunts are expensive. Still lots of bow hunt being advertised. Midwest premier properties is who I'd recommend in Missouri but he's most likely booked.

Jim Boyd

Illinois is otc for bow.

I buy on the way into the state every year.

$475 or so IIRC.

SHOUKD know - been going 10-12 years now.

Good luck

huntfish

If you are just looking for some meat, look at the Doe hunts (called meat hunts) in the south Texas ranches. Most are relatively cheap, include lodging and allow for usually 4 does. Mostly December/January hunts.