Reduced load for 308

woods&water

Going back to the OPS original post.
I had good luck with IMR3031 and 125 grain bullets when I needed low recoil for my son when he was small.
Good accuracy and the gun only moved about an inch when he shot it. I started at the low end of published data.

chuckdog

OK, no problem.
I posted a link to an article and said that it was an interesting read on a reduced load for .308.
I did not recommend that load and I did not recommend against that load.
The next poster appears to think the load is not a safe one and states that he disagrees with "the post above", that is, mine.
I was pointing out to him that there was nothing in my post to agree or disagree with unless he thought the article was not where I said it was.

I guess he could have been saying that he disagreed that the article was not interesting, but since he discussed it that was obviously not the case.

If he disagrees with the load data suggested in the article, he would need to take that up with the author of it, Mr. C.E. (Ed) Harris. I believe he first published it in the 10th. edition of Handloader's Digest.
I do not consider myself an expert. I loaded my first case in the 1980s and I am not much of an experimenter. Mr. Harris, however, could probably be called an expert as he is widely published and generally respected, but I will leave that to Big7 to argue.

My recommendations are based my experiences with published data.

It's my opinion that's the safest practice we can do for others when they ask for advice.

Detonation is real and it does happen. Big 7's warnings are based on safety. I seldom speak in absolutes, but always error on the side of safety.

Everyone has their own style and mine's simple. I like to keep that way. It seems to make it easier for me and I believe many others to recognize when we've been insulted...
:D