Reloading Newbie

rosewood

I really like the Legend.

Ended up getting a 356 sizing die and can use 355, 356, 357, and 358 bullets if need be. Haven't sized a 358 bullet yet but 2 passes will make a copper jacketed 357 into a 356.

Adds a little flare.

For those that seem to think the oversized bullets will shoot just fine without sizing. Just think about the force required to push those .358s through the .356 sizing die. That same force is required to do so going down the barrel. Most likely not a problem with cast boolits, but jacketed is a different story.

Rosewood

bullgator

one of us tries to stop in Sports Centr every month or other month when we pass....sometimes we just ride up on a Saturday morning.
I’m heading up to Jeffetson this Friday. My I-75 trip always has me stretching my legs at Sports Center and fill up at the Shell out front. I’m usually driving away with some new components to try.

rosewood

I’m heading up to Jeffetson this Friday. My I-75 trip always has me stretching my legs at Sports Center and fill up at the Shell out front. I’m usually driving away with some new components to try.
They didn't have a lot to choose from when I was there 2 Saturdays ago. I would stop anyway.

bullgator

They didn't have a lot to choose from when I was there 2 Saturdays ago. I would stop anyway.
Oh I will. That’s my tank needs filling and my bladder needs emptied point.....:wink:

Jester896

Senior Clown

when my friend stopped last week late he described it as..."They are out of everything" :D

rosewood

when my friend stopped last week late he described it as..."They are out of everything" :D
Funny thing was, I had spoken with a guy at a gun store and said his dad had been down there that day and said the same thing. I went by anyway and found they did indeed have gun powder, bullets and shot, but it was as very limited selection and nothing I used. I suppose compared to their usual stock they "were out of everything".

Rosewood

chuckdog

Funny thing was, I had spoken with a guy at a gun store and said his dad had been down there that day and said the same thing. I went by anyway and found they did indeed have gun powder, bullets and shot, but it was as very limited selection and nothing I used. I suppose compared to their usual stock they "were out of everything".

Rosewood

If they don't have anything that I use, that does indeed qualify as "out of everything." ;)

rosewood

If they don't have anything that I use, that does indeed qualify as "out of everything." ;)
That may be true, but it is misleading to others that may use something they have. There was powders there I could use, but would have to work up a new load to use them and I really didn't have the desire or desperation to do so at this point.

Jester896

Senior Clown
There was powders there I could use, but would have to work up a new load to use them and I really didn't have the desire or desperation to do so at this point.

that is what makes reloading...if you don't work it up how do you know it isn't better?

rosewood

that is what makes reloading...if you don't work it up how do you know it isn't better?
I agree, but don't have the primers to experiment with....

I have more powder than I have primers to load with.