Reloading Newbie

chuckdog

I admire your ability to cope. Many would/will never live with today's primer prices.

I imagine the popularity of the Legend has people buying every .358" rifle projectile they find.

I think I may have a piece of a box of .35 Rem cartridges and maybe even some brass, but no hunting bullets.

When I had a 35 Remington Contender I used some .358" cast handgun bullets at moderate velocities. They shot fine.

You may want to look over at the cast boolits forum.

Mauser

I can live with primers in the 0.10 range and powder in the 50 range and the press etc.
I even found some unfired .35 rem brass.
What I cant find are the .35 rem bullets.
Any leads?
I got a box of speer hot cor 180 gr flat points back in November,and 50 new jba 35 rem brass That's the last time I have seen any bullets. I've got some on backorder at midway for a few weeks now

rosewood

rosewood

I rarely pass thru Perry without stopping .

rosewood

Jester896

Senior Clown
when Clays was so hard to find for so long...that is there first place I found 8# when it started coming back

rosewood

Apparently all my trips by there must have been either Sunday or after 6pm.
Probably so. Before COVID they were open on Sunday until 5pm. Now they are closed on Sunday.

Chrismower31

Good morning!

I am quickly approaching the point where I would like to begin reloading ammo. Is there a thread in this group I could use as a starting point, or a member who could provide a general how too thread like they have in many of the other groups? It would be great to have it pinned to the top!

I think it would be neat to follow along with some of the members here that are seasoned in this and I am sure it would appeal to many others considering it!

I would love recommendations on books too!

Thanks!
I am in the same boat. I have what may be a dumb question, does the Lyman book cover handgun and rifle ammo?

Rich M

Those are great for bolt guns and single shots, but are not safe to use in a lever gun.

Rosewood

Single shot is better than no shot.

180 gr xtp 357 bullets work good in 35 guns. Heck, any 357 bullets will work.

They cost a little more but fury bullets are very nice. He custom makes them and has 358 soft points that'll work in a cowboy gun.

Rich M

I admire your ability to cope. Many would/will never live with today's primer prices.

I imagine the popularity of the Legend has people buying every .358" rifle projectile they find.

I think I may have a piece of a box of .35 Rem cartridges and maybe even some brass, but no hunting bullets.

When I had a 35 Remington Contender I used some .358" cast handgun bullets at moderate velocities. They shot fine.

You may want to look over at the cast boolits forum.

FWIW A 350 Legend won't shoot a 358. Mine won't shoot a 357. 355 and 356 work.

Rich M

Thanks for the info.

Yet another reason for me to have no interest in the round.

I really like the Legend.

Ended up getting a 356 sizing die and can use 355, 356, 357, and 358 bullets if need be. Haven't sized a 358 bullet yet but 2 passes will make a copper jacketed 357 into a 356.

Adds a little flare.

Latest posts