Richt's message to fans

brownceluse

since the games inception in 1992 we've been the East Representative for more than HALF the championships. At this point, its always gonna be ours to lose, until another team in the East starts making it harder on us.

As bad as hate to say this you are correct. Go Dawgs!!!

MCBUCK

yeah but im one of the few Gators that are generally right about everything....so you have to agree. :D

Such modesty::ke:

MudDucker

Staff member
I wish somebody would show me one single time that any UGA fan on this board said that Aaron Murray was going to be one of the best qbs in the league this year.

That's what I thought.

So why is it ok for the gators to do all this ridiculous clamoring about how awsome John Brantley is?

CMR has had three out of his four starting qbs while at UGA end up in the league. Before that, he did pretty good with qbs at FSU.

So yall will just have to forgive me if I take CMR over Oscar Meyer when it comes to knowing his stuff on qbs.

Will Aaron Murray be a lights out frightingly dangerous qb this year? Probably not. All he needs to be is fair to middling.

Hmmm, lets see, Staford stays only 3 years and is the #1 draft. Tebow stays 4 years wins like crazy, but the question is whether he would be drafted in the first round and if he would ever be a pro quarterback. Yea, Urban is a great qb coach. :rolleyes:

ACguy

Hmmm, lets see, Staford stays only 3 years and is the #1 draft. Tebow stays 4 years wins like crazy, but the question is whether he would be drafted in the first round and if he would ever be a pro quarterback. Yea, Urban is a great qb coach. :rolleyes:

Meyer had 1 QB drafted #1 and another drafted in the first round , Where did the rest of Richt's QB's get drafted ?

Who did better in college Tebow or Stafford ? Is it true Tebow's worst year was better then Staffords best year ? Congrats to Richt on getting Stafford drafted #1 because no one thought he would ever be a #1 draft pick :rolleyes: . Has Richt's QB's done better then Meyers in the NFL ?

brownceluse

Meyer had 1 QB drafted #1 and another drafted in the first round , Where did the rest of Richt's QB's get drafted ?

Who did better in college Tebow or Stafford ? Is it true Tebow's worst year was better then Staffords best year ? Congrats to Richt on getting Stafford drafted #1 because no one thought he would ever be a #1 draft pick :rolleyes: . Has Richt's QB's done better then Meyers in the NFL ?
Dude you have got to get off the dope! I can promise you that you were the only one that didnt think Stafford would be a first rounder! But thats pretty easy to understand everybody but you knows a thing or two about FB!:whip:

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I dont think anything you said proves who is a better QB coach.....:pop:

Was Detroit ready to use their number one overall pick on Tebow?

Not saying that Tebow wasn't an awsome college qb but I think most people realize that that's what he was. A COLLEGE qb playing in a system that he was handpicked to run due to his very specific skill set. Most programs do that. In Tebow's case, it just doesn't translate to the league. That's just the truth. His throwing motion had to be taken apart and put back together and I think we all know that he's not gonna run over people in the NFL.

Now if Brantley turns out to be what yall all claim he is, then that dispells anything about Meyer's system not being good for a passer who wants to go the the NFL.

chadair

A better question is "Has he went out and found one on his own?"

He inherited Chris Leak, and Ron Zook already had Tebow on the hook for Florida before Oscar Meyer showed up; he comitted in ecembor of 05' after his Sr. season, but Zook had already been recruiting him since hus Soph year. Brantley will show how good of a QB scout Meyer really is; good, bad or indifferent.
He said Ron Zook:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Tebow had just as much interest in goin to Bama as he did UF. You are sadly mistaken if you dont think Meyer was the factor that brought Tebow to gainesville:crazy:
Meyer has system QB's. Always has, always will. Put them in another system and they blow (Alex SMith), or they have to get a QB coach to "unteach" them everything Meyer taught them (Tebow)...

Why do you Gators feel the need to constantly hijack every single UGA thread on Woody's anyway?

Darren, Meyer has never been the qb coach at UF. when Tebow came into Florida, they went out and bought all the tools and modern technology to focus on Tebows throwin. I have no clue why it didnt work:banginghe But the results for Florida were still good and I'm sure their isnt a dog fan around who wouldnt have taken the same results:whip:

MCBUCK

He said Ron Zook:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Tebow had just as much interest in goin to Bama as he did UF. You are sadly mistaken if you dont think Meyer was the factor that brought Tebow to gainesville:crazy:

Darren, Meyer has never been the qb coach at UF. when Tebow came into Florida, they went out and bought all the tools and modern technology to focus on Tebows throwin. I have no clue why it didnt work:banginghe But the results for Florida were still good and I'm sure their isnt a dog fan around who wouldnt have taken the same results:whip:

Chad, I have always liked you, but I watched Tebow play against Hoover, his Sr. year, and it was told then that Tebow had been a Florida fan for quite a while, had been leaning UF since his soph. year, and that he would probably wind up a Gator. Tebow did not surprise anyone with his selection of UF.

chadair

Chad, I have always liked you, but I watched Tebow play against Hoover, his Sr. year, and it was told then that Tebow had been a Florida fan for quite a while, had been leaning UF since his soph. year, and that he would probably wind up a Gator. Tebow did not surprise anyone with his selection of UF.

MC, Tebows parents are UF grads, but ask any of the Bama faithful on here, and they will tell ya what a push that bama made for Tebow. I've seen Meyer in person tellin the story of the day that Tebow announced that he was goin to be a gator. It was down to the wire with him. Had zook had stayed, I feel that Tebow could have just as easily picked Bama over UF.
But the keywords in your post are "leaning" and "probably". And I believe ESPN even had a program about all this stuff when he decided. But I'm old and can't remember that far back:D

MCBUCK

Don't feel bad...I am so old I am glad you quoted me so I could rember what I said.:cheers:

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I agree with all that but it still doesn't make any comparisons between Meyer and Richt as QB coaches. They are both great QB coaches. They just have different philosophies and systems.

Man I'm not trying to get smart with you but you are one of the only people in the CFB watching world who could compare CMR and Urban Meyer's respective histories with developing qbs and come up with Meyer as Richt's equal.

ACguy

Dude you have got to get off the dope! I can promise you that you were the only one that didnt think Stafford would be a first rounder! But thats pretty easy to understand everybody but you knows a thing or two about FB!:whip:

:rofl::rofl: I was being sarcastic that is why I put the rolling eyes. Stafford was being talked about being the #1 pick before he even played a game for UGA. Yet UGA fans claim he was drafted #1 because of Richt :rofl: . Yea I don't know anything about football like you do . Joe Cox was a great leader and smart QB :rofl: .

brownceluse

:rofl::rofl: I was being sarcastic that is why I put the rolling eyes. Stafford was being talked about being the #1 pick before he even played a game for UGA. Yet UGA fans claim he was drafted #1 because of Richt :rofl: . Yea I don't know anything about football like you do . Joe Cox was a great leader and smart QB :rofl: .
I dont think anyone but you knows football on this forum! Thats why I get on here so I can drink out of your well of knowledge!:rofl: I guess you can chalk up Joe Cox as me being a homer::ke: I guess all I can do is quit posting and read yours and learn something!:rofl::rofl: Thanks for being a member of this forum it is definatly better off that your here and I think alot of people would agree! Im sure you will honored to bless us with more of your great wisdom on CFB that you know so much about!:rofl::rofl:

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I know you're not getting smart with me. But you're comparing apples to oranges. I'm not comparing the two coaches ability to develop a QB to play in the NFL. I'm comparing the two coaches ability to develop a QB to play in the system by which the respective coaches run. In that they are no different. Meyer has not racked up the record he has in all his jobs running a crazy offensive system by NOT being able to DEVELOP QB for his system.

That's fair. And like I said, if Brantley turns out to be even half of what some of these true believers say, it will put to rest all of the talk that a true passer will not flourish in an Urban Meyer offense. Of course, I hope Brantley stinks up the joint so that yall won't be good and I can get on here and laugh at those people. But I won't be shocked if he does well.

MCBUCK

bump....very interesting to re-read this one.