Richt's message to fans

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Wasnt Joe Cox Fair to middling Last year?

Well gosh I don't know. According to some of your gator bretheren who will be happy to tell you that they knew more about football as infants than I currently know, he was the worst qb that ever lived. So maybe you're asking the wrong guy.

Fair to middling? Sometimes. Sometimes not. I would argue that while he certainly made a lot of mistakes, some boneheaded, he also wasn't as bad as some might think. What I mean is, he had no defense, a musical chair offensive line, and until mid way throught he season, a poor running game.

Murray will have the benefit of a very good running game, an excellent tight end corps, and IF they stay healthy, the best and deepest O line UGA has had in years. I think Murray is definitely going to make mistakes, some painfully dumb. But I think he will enjoy some advantages that Cox didn't.

But yall already know this because it has been discussed ad nauseam.

MCBUCK

Has he coached one at Florida yet ?:huh:

A better question is "Has he went out and found one on his own?"

He inherited Chris Leak, and Ron Zook already had Tebow on the hook for Florida before Oscar Meyer showed up; he comitted in ecembor of 05' after his Sr. season, but Zook had already been recruiting him since hus Soph year. Brantley will show how good of a QB scout Meyer really is; good, bad or indifferent.

sleeze

A better question is "Has he went out and found one on his own?"

He inherited Chris Leak, and Ron Zook already had Tebow on the hook for Florida before Oscar Meyer showed up; he comitted in ecembor of 05' after his Sr. season, but Zook had already been recruiting him since hus Soph year. Brantley will show how good of a QB scout Meyer really is; good, bad or indifferent.

Whats your money on Brantley?

Good, Bad, or indifferent?

MCBUCK

Same as AM....don't know till the whistle blows. I believe he is athelectic, and talented, but until an SEC DE rips his off a time or two, no one really knows what they will be like. Same goes for AM. I don't know as much about Brantleys HS career as I do AM's, but he wouldn't be your starter if he was not SEC QB caliber. I think it may boil down to what happens between their ears under fire anyway and that is the intangible that NO ONE can gauge at this point. Give AM thru the Miss State game: after USCe, and Arky AM will know SEC football. Give Brantley an extra game before you make any judgements;UT will not be her usual self this year and won't be anything like Ala and LSU.

Roberson

Mark Richt's message should've been "We are planning on having another mediocre year"........:rofl:

FootLongDawg

I'll say it. Aaron Murray is going to take us to the promise land. It's going to happen. Quit being so skert Dawg fans.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Then there's this:

Georgia’s starting quarterback has never played in a college game, but the extensive experience around him has Mark Richt notably enthused about the Bulldogs’ offense.

“I’d much rather have that kind of maturity around a young quarterback than a very veteran quarterback surrounded by a bunch of puppies,” Richt told the Greater Atlanta Bulldog Club this week.

Particularly comforting to Richt is the experience on the offensive line, where senior Chris Davis has 37 career collegiate starts, senior Clint Boling 36, junior Ben Jones 23, junior Cordy Glenn 22 and senior Josh Davis 9.

Boling, Jones and Glenn have started since their true freshman seasons and Chris Davis since his redshirt freshman season.

“They played before they should have had to play,” Richt said, “but now they’re mature. They’re so much more ready for these games. They’re bigger; they’re stronger; they’re wiser. They have the confidence to know they can play in any SEC venue and have success. When you’re breaking in a young quarterback, that’s very important.”

Richt also feels good about the experience elsewhere on offense.

He has a senior tandem at fullback in starter Shaun Chapas and backup Fred Munzenmaier. “I can’t think of a better fullback combination in the country,” Richt said.

The tailback tandem is less experienced -– sophomore Washaun Ealey (two starts) and junior Caleb King (five starts) –- but Richt expects them to build on their confidence-inspiring successes of late last season.

“Washaun Ealey a year ago was kind of a chubby kid and didn’t really know what to do; he wasn’t in great condition,” Richt said. “But now he’s in tremendous condition and knows what to do. And we got Caleb King starting the season healthy, and he’s going to make a difference.”

Richt also expressed optimism about the mix of talent and experience at wide receiver, led by junior A.J. Green, and tight end.

Someone else should be comforted by all of this experience: Aaron Murray, the redshirt freshman quarterback who will be playing in his first college game on Sept. 4.

greene_dawg

Meyer has system QB's. Always has, always will. Put them in another system and they blow (Alex SMith), or they have to get a QB coach to "unteach" them everything Meyer taught them (Tebow)...

Why do you Gators feel the need to constantly hijack every single UGA thread on Woody's anyway?

brownceluse

Just read on espn that Meyer is taking another leave of absence. The article stated that Tebow was getting picked on by some of the veterans on the team! The Broncos would not release a statement on the matter. The author did reach Knowshon and he said that Tebow was a heck of an athlete but a sissy! He said the guys cant joke around with him because hes so defensive about everything! The first time that the guys joked around with him Meyer showed up at our team meeting trying to intemidate us. That didnt work too good Moreno said! Now Tebow is marked like he called his momma or something its kinda sick if you ask me. Meyer wouldnt say what he would be doing but the word is he will just be there for Tebow with a box of KLEENEX and a shoulder to cry on! Alot of the guys on the Broncos are saying that the Tebow Meyer thing is very weird and kinda sick. There is something in that relationship that just doesnt add up said Charlie Strong Louisvilles Head coach!

Strong said that he kept himself strictly to the D side of the ball, but would often see Meyer being kinda too caring to Tebow at practice sometimes. In a weird kinda way! Strong said that he knew Tebow and Meyer would take trips together alot Just them:D but really doesnt know anymore that that! Meyer said that with Brantley leading the O that the team really didnt need him right now and that he would try to be back for the 1st game. :bounce:

sandhillmike

Gone but not forgotten
Why do you Gators feel the need to constantly hijack every single UGA thread on Woody's anyway?

Get a grip, green. Have you ever seen a "Gator Thread" that didn't have every Mutt in town putting in their 2 cents? You guys must really have an inferiority complex. Oh wait, is it a complex if it's true? :biggrin2:

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Get a grip, green. Have you ever seen a "Gator Thread" that didn't have every Mutt in town putting in their 2 cents? You guys must really have an inferiority complex. Oh wait, is it a complex if it's true? :biggrin2:

So what's yall's excuse? If we have an inferiority complex, why are so many gators getting all hot an bothered that we don't think Aaron Murray is gonna suck?

BBQBOSS

Banned
With some of the comments I have read, it's obvious that logic, basic common sense and comprehension just wasn't in the cards for some folks on here...

Ok, back to dribbling.

Go Dawgs.

fairhopebama

I dont know why they just dont go ahead and give Brantley the Heisman now!:rolleyes:
Because Mark Ingram might have something to say about that.

The season is getting close and the smack talk has begun. Just remember, you both are going to be fighting for second place in the SEC. RTR:stir:

Roberson

Because Mark Ingram might have something to say about that.

The season is getting close and the smack talk has begun. Just remember, you both are going to be fighting for second place in the SEC. RTR:stir:

See you in December again.........:yeah:

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
See you in December again.........:yeah:

Well, you'll have to earn that spot and you haven't even played a single down with your new QB or new coaches... We'll see....

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Murray is walking into a really good situation that should put him in position to have some success. He's not gonna light it up with crazy offensive #'s and i dont think too many UGA fans care if he does. He'll have some great guys in the backfield that will carry the load. All eyes in Athens are gonna be on the other side of the ball, so that will help Murray as well.

As far as Brantley and Meyer (since everyone else seems to be bring it up in this thread). Brantley will have gaudy #'s by the time he leaves UF. And yes Meyer is a system coach and plugs in QB's that can run his system. I have absolutely NO PROBLEM with that. According to Coach Meyer, Brantley is everything he looks for in HIS system, so i think he'll flourish.
Can't wait to see it. Anytime he got in last year he was throwing stinkin laser beams every time.

Perfectly stated. What some of your less objective bretheren seem to miss is the fact that football aint a freaking math test. None of us care about him putting up pretty stats. Just win baby.

The same can be said for the gators and Murray. You don't have to look hard to see what I mean.

ribber

with an experienced o-line and good backs richt should focus on running game so murray doesn't have to be joe montana. richt has never been dedicated to the run game although they've had some success. also, i'm not a joe cox hater, granted he was not a great qb but a poor defense and at times horrible play calling was more of a factor than joe's interceptions. you don't have to have a tebow at qb to win, you have to play to your strengths and richt imo does not do that. my goodness the baltimore ravens won a super bowl with trent dilfer! murray will be fine as long as richt doesn't put him in the shotgun and spread the field 60% of the time.