Rut question..

Joeropes

I totally agree! I am from upstate NY and the rut is a small fraction of deer hunting. However, when there is a doe to buck ratio that large as what I believe this one is then the bucks do not have to search hard all day....night movement becomes the norm especially for the bigger more mature bucks as it is easy pickings. That said, it would be advantageous to come up with a plan for next year and beyond to thin the doe herd by your hunting area so that the ratio is more in line with the buck ratio you have on the property. In NY, we only have 107 acres to hunt and we recognized that our doe herd was far more than the bucks so two years ago we implemented a plan to reduce the doe herd and the results the past two hunting seasons have been great. We are probably down to 3:1 ratio now from about 5:1. On another note, I purchased a home in Canton Georgia to be near my two children and grandchildren and am interested in either a hunting club which practices QDM or any suggestions on where I can hunt preferably with Bow. Best of luck hunting to all!

ScLowCountry

Ive been hunting pretty regular this season and Im seeing a lot of deer but still only seen a couple of small bucks chasing and that was early in season. I average seeing 6-8 bucks varying in size about every time I go and Ive taken a good 10pt. But while Im seeing these bucks Im also seeing anywhere from 20-30 does. All of these buck are coming through by themselves and this morning had a nice 8 walk by me 100yds to my right while I was watching 11 does 150yds to my left and like every morning so far he was by himself and wasn't paying any attention to those does. Question is, Am I not seeing them chase because there are so many does and they don't have to chase and does that mean that Dec will be even hotter since they will be looking for does not bred first time around?
If you are seeing that many deer, what are you worried about

Nerf Warrior

If you are seeing that many deer, what are you worried about
Not worried about anything at all. Was just wondering why I have seen no chasing when I am seeing that many deer and if way too many does is probably the reason then will there be more "visible" rut activity this second cycle vs 1st due to less hot does. Just something that crosses my mind while sitting in stand kinda like why is there no mouse flavored cat food kinda thing..