Scope on Hawken?

GunnSmokeer

What BearClaw said above.

There are modern replicas of 19th century vintage rifle scopes --the kind that were used on muzzleloading rifles back in the day.

D055EF8F-4CB8-4935-9F8E-4B01715D9C25.jpeg6841E784-72F8-45B6-85E6-1A0430D088B9.jpeg

GregoryB.

Guess I should have paid closer attention to my rifle. The dovetail mount won’t work with my rifle. Back to the drawing board.

frankwright

Do you not have a dovetail at all or is it the wrong size?
You can buy a mount for a Burris FF3 or a Vortex Venom and have a gunsmith drill and tap your barrel.
You can also have a gunsmith cut a dovetail in your barrel.

GregoryB.

I don’t have a dovetail on mine. Belonged to Wife’s Grandfather so I don’t want to start drilling holes in the barrel.

pdsniper

I have a Handmade Hawken and I have a red dot on it because I have the same problem seeing the Sights and it works fantastic if you look around on the net they make a short little weaver rail that mounts on the barrel and its the perfect size to mount a red dot of Holographic sight on

Rabun Guy

Hello everyone; Thanks for all the suggestions. I finally got my problem fixed. I did not add a scope or anything like that. The problem was that I had cataracts and cataract surgery solved the problem. This has made a world of difference. I am able to aim with the open sights or the peep sight. Thanks again y'all.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Hello everyone; Thanks for all the suggestions. I finally got my problem fixed. I did not add a scope or anything like that. The problem was that I had cataracts and cataract surgery solved the problem. This has made a world of difference. I am able to aim with the open sights or the peep sight. Thanks again y'all.
Best outcome, good for you Sir

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I’m glad you got your vision back. I’m keeping a check on mine. The cataracts are there but way too small right now to cause much of a problem.

GregoryB.

The Vetrans Admin hooked me up with some new Bifocals and I can see the sights on my Hawken clearly now. Guess I have some time to figure out a red dot mount now. Being able to see clearly again is nice. Glad you got your eyes taken care of.