seed combo,s

oochee hunter

What is yall,s favorite seed combo for fall plot,s? Trying to get a notill drill but may have to spread and cover with a harrow. Include lbs per acre if you give a response. Thanks

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
My standards :)

Attachments

• Cool season seed.JPG
    Cool season seed.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Top Ten.JPG
    Top Ten.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 52
  • PH rates.JPG
    PH rates.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Durana Graph.JPG
    Durana Graph.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Peak Utilization.JPG
    Peak Utilization.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Crude protein.JPG
    Crude protein.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Proudction of cool season crops.JPG
    Proudction of cool season crops.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 51

Canuck5

And make sure you always calculate the PLS ..... pure live seed, to make sure you are putting out enough.

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
Wheat, oats, clover, purple top turnips and Daikon radishes. Make sure you put out the right amount of fertilizer too, see it all the time where people go short on the fertilizer. Planted mine this past weekend.

rstallings1979

I never buy a mixture with grain and clover I buy separate and plant separate.Best cheap seed is crimson clover (10 lb) and winter wheat( 25 lbs)
Just curious? Why do you choose to plant separate? I mixed some Durana in with my fall mix this year in some of my plots? I also took some I had left and broadcast it with the fertilizer spreader.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Wheat, oats, clover, purple top turnips and Daikon radishes. Make sure you put out the right amount of fertilizer too, see it all the time where people go short on the fertilizer. Planted mine this past weekend.
Also better to put the proper amount of lime needed even if your short on the fertilizer.

OffTheBeatnPath

What's latest y'all would do a wheat / clover mix?
Got some bottoms I hunt behind some layer houses that the farmer bush hogged some strips thru and thought it'd be good to plant some strips.
Planned to spray this weekend.. North east Ga

Canuck5

The end of October? You still have time, but I would prefer to plant sooner rather than later. Wheat will germinate with soil temperature at 38F and clover around 41F. The longer you wait, I would shift your clover selection to arrowleaf.

Attachments

• PH rates.JPG
    PH rates.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Arrowleaf germination.JPG
    Arrowleaf germination.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 10

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
If you haven,t bushhogged yet you can direct sow the wheat and clover,then bushhog over the top.Its like putting straw over fresh sewn grass seed.

OffTheBeatnPath

If you haven,t bushhogged yet you can direct sow the wheat and clover,then bushhog over the top.Its like putting straw over fresh sewn grass seed.
Is germination rate high that way?
Do u usually spray beforehand or fertilize?
I guess u would just want to overseed it this way?

Latest posts