Seeing buck sign in NGa?

dawgvet

I’m in Cherokee County and was wondering if anyone is seeing much Buck sign yet? Seems I’m seeing fewer runs and scrapes so far. Any input as to what y’all are seeing?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Also in Cherokee and I’ve been hitting a bunch of different corp properties and WMAs, but haven’t seen the first fresh rub or scrape. I’m really struggling to find acorns too. I’ve got two cams to put out, but like yesterday, couldn’t really find a place that said “put one here”. :huh:

Bowyer29

Also in Cherokee and I’ve been hitting a bunch of different corp properties and WMAs, but haven’t seen the first fresh rub or scrape. I’m really struggling to find acorns too. I’ve got two cams to put out, but like yesterday, couldn’t really find a place that said “put one here”. :huh:
Live in Cherokee hunt in Floyd. Nothing at all in Floyd. I have small bucks still in velvet as of this past Saturday. Very strange for out there based on 7 years of pictures.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Haven’t found a fresh rub as yet, property borders the ONF.

AliBubba

No buck signs at Coopers Creek... the mast seems healthy. It seems also more brown acorns are on the ground. Hogs have been rooting around Duncan Ridge.

sprewett

No scrapes yet in Paulding but definitely rubbed trees. I had a buck in video wearing out a tree.

Full Draw McGraw

I just hunted Friday evening through Sunday morning and saw a grand total of one rub. I did make a mock scrape in one spot so we'll see if that takes off.

basshappy

BANNED
Multiple scrapes on ground in Bartow. Cameras recording bucks and does in those areas doing their deer behaviors - scraping, leaf/branch chewing/scenting, following, grunting. Will try to get some pics/vids posted soon.

44magpastor

Interesting. I was down in Washington County last week. Saw one scrape and no rubs. Very unusual for this time of year. Normally by the first of October, they are everywhere.

MYRX

Hunted this morning, in Oglethorpe county and found several scraps beneath overhanging limbs that didn't exist on Monday. Seems a few are becoming active. I bet if we get the forecasted rain, it really picks up by the weekend.