Seeing buck sign in NGa?

Bowyer29

I finally have some buck sign around the property in Floyd. I also have a few small bucks that lost their velvet in the last 10 days.

timgarside

Live in Cherokee hunt in Floyd. Nothing at all in Floyd. I have small bucks still in velvet as of this past Saturday. Very strange for out there based on 7 years of pictures.
I hunt Floyd aslo. Our bucks have no velvet but I've seen no pre rut activity. Only found two small scrapes. Cameras are full of does with yearlings. The bucks are starting to move a little but zero chasing and they still are bachelored up pretty good. We did have a bumper mast crop. You could roll an ankle walking under any white oak.

Bowyer29

I hunt Floyd aslo. Our bucks have no velvet but I've seen no pre rut activity. Only found two small scrapes. Cameras are full of does with yearlings. The bucks are starting to move a little but zero chasing and they still are bachelored up pretty good. We did have a bumper mast crop. You could roll an ankle walking under any white oak.
I have very few oaks where I hunt, and right now I have very few deer. Lots of pasture will bring them back later in the year. Only a few small rubs last weekend, and absolutely zero scrapes. Very strange year!

frankwright

In Lamar I have been seeing scrapes for a few weeks. They are big scrapes and popping up everywhere but they don't look like they are constantly being worked. We have one on the side of a food plot and have pics of several different bucks and does using it and also on back legs rubbing on a licking branch.
Rubbed trees have been non existent so far which is unusual.