Severe vibrations in my bush hog

Yelpu1

From the angle of photo the bottom blade looks thicker. That would definitely cause a vibration.

WishboneW

Is this the first time you have used the mower? If last use was fine, I would think something else is the culprit. Blades are cheap to replace. Hope replacement cures your problem.
Have had the problem for a while. Just have not used it much

WishboneW

Andy, make sure the big nut that holds the stump jumper onto the shaft is super tight, if it’s loose it will cause a heck of a vibration!!

Nut is a castle type with cotter pin. I cannot wiggle the stump jumper.

One of the blades is narrower than the other and weighs 2 lbs less.

I’m going to hook it up and run it without the blades to see if that helps the vibration

sleepr71

Make sure you haven’t caught some cable,or barbed wire & wrapped it around the gearbox shaft/stump jumper. Just curious…when’s the last time you sharpened those blades..:rofl:..???

WishboneW

Make sure you haven’t caught some cable,or barbed wire & wrapped it around the gearbox shaft/stump jumper. Just curious…when’s the last time you sharpened those blades..:rofl:..???
I sharpened them about 12 years ago when I got it.

Shaft and all turn freely by hand. As near as I can see within removing the jumper assembly there is no cable or wire around the shaft. No dents in the jumper and the gap between the deck and top of the jumper appears uniform

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
While the blades are off check the output shaft for any side to side movement.Then I would install new sharp blades.Keeping the blades sharp helps keep them from wearing on the gearbox output shaft.....If it was mine.