Severe vibrations in my bush hog

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Is this the first time you have used the mower? If last use was fine, I would think something else is the culprit. Blades are cheap to replace. Hope replacement cures your problem.

I was going to say it looks like it's time for some new blades.

tr21

I’m going to take them wit me to Agrisupply.
have you owned it since it was new ? wonder if someone just stuck one same length blade on it and didn't notice or care that it was thicker/thinner than the other !

WishboneW

have you owned it since it was new ? wonder if someone just stuck one same length blade on it and didn't notice or care that it was thicker/thinner than the other !
I did buy it used. I have not used it much last couple years ad I bought a 7 ft offset bush hog and Ben using it primarily.

Ihunt

Dull and duller!
I think you were beating the brush and grass into submission rather than cutting it.

WishboneW

I like that submission thing with grass.

It never reacts that way. Won’t die and continues to grow no matter what I do

tr21

I like that submission thing with grass.

It never reacts that way. Won’t die and continues to grow no matter what I do
if you don't want it to grow hit it with RM43. it will kill it dead dead dead !

Jim Boyd

IMG_5090.jpeg

K80Shooter

How often should new blades be put on? I don't use mine a whole lot, but have had it for 3 ish years.
Unless you have a bad vibration, you should be good to go.

Some people will sharpen the blades others do not.
It's not a lawn mower so it's supposed to leave ragged breaks/cuts in place of clean slices.

Jim Boyd

How often should new blades be put on? I don't use mine a whole lot, but have had it for 3 ish

How often should new blades be put on? I don't use mine a whole lot, but have had it for 3 ish years.

I have two

5’ 14 years old I think

7’ 3 years old

Both bought new

No blades

No sharpening

Both cut fine

Both banged up pretty bad tho

Latest posts