Sportsman condo

Thetrooper

Anyone ever buy or hunt out of a sportsman condo tower blind? Was looking to build a couple more blinds this year but with the price of lumber and time might be easier to just go with one of the smaller sportsman condos. They seem solid and a 5,000$ redneck blind is not in my future haha

Thanks
Pete

buckpasser

Anyone ever buy or hunt out of a sportsman condo tower blind? Was looking to build a couple more blinds this year but with the price of lumber and time might be easier to just go with one of the smaller sportsman condos. They seem solid and a 5,000$ redneck blind is not in my future haha

Thanks
Pete

I’m known to like and appreciate subpar products and companies like Bear Creek Arsenal, Vortex scopes, heck, even the occasional Chinese knockoff baitcaster that I take in…dare I say…salt water!

With that to help you keep my opinion in context, I like them very much. My FIL has some that are around ten years old or more and they are basically indistinguishable from year 1. They are tough as nails. The only thing I don’t care for on the older ones is the loud window latches. The new ones are plastic housing with stainless pins and are far superior. I’d buy one in a second if I was in the market for a tower blind. I’d definitely take 3 instead of 1 redneck blind!

Thetrooper

I’m known to like and appreciate subpar products and companies like Bear Creek Arsenal, Vortex scopes, heck, even the occasional Chinese knockoff baitcaster that I take in…dare I say…salt water!

With that to help you keep my opinion in context, I like them very much. My FIL has some that are around ten years old or more and they are basically indistinguishable from year 1. They are tough as nails. The only thing I don’t care for on the older ones is the loud window latches. The new ones are plastic housing with stainless pins and are far superior. I’d buy one in a second if I was in the market for a tower blind. I’d definitely take 3 instead of 1 redneck blind!
Thanks man yeah I don't see how people buy those expensive rednecks I'm sure they're nice but seem way overpriced

buckpasser

Thanks man yeah I don't see how people buy those expensive rednecks I'm sure they're nice but seem way overpriced

My employers buy only redneck blinds. I’ve assembled a pile of them and they are sweet, no doubt. The doors are much quieter than SC. They have egg carton foam glued to the walls, real glass window, shelves with lighting built in, and a super nice carpeted floor.

I still wouldn’t buy one for the same reason I drive a 2014 Silverado LS instead of a 2023 Platinum F150.

Thetrooper

There are several blinds I was looking at the Ridgeline, SC 1 and SC 2 are the cheapest ones but not very big

Jim Boyd

Looks like about $1500 and you supply the 4x4’s.

Looks sweet but I got too much jury-rigging in me.

Love to see pics of them posted up once you get them!!!!!

wcg2

I shipped an SC3 out of state to my farmers house. Think I paid about $1,250.00 with $200.00 or so shipping. Great stand for the money and roomy as well. I cant see spending $5,000.00 for a redneck but if money wasnt an issue I would maybe consider.

ucfireman

Prices have increased but still seem decent.
How hard are they to raise?
Do they get real hot inside being plastic? Like a porta potty they get hot.