Springfield XD45

I'm looking at an XD45. Went to the local gun shop range and rented an XD40 in a 4" barrel cause they didn't have an XD45 in a 4" barrel. In 27 rounds I got 2 jams from a failure to feed from the magazine. One was round #10 and the other was about round #4. I've heard of issues with the 45 and barrels under 4", but I've never come across any issues with the XD so was quite surprised. So for those of you who have XDs with 4" barrels - do you have any problems with jams? And generally, what do you think of them, and specifically the 4" XD45s. I also fired a 5" barrel XD45 and it worked perfectly. By the way, my thoughts are to use it in 2 ways, as a personal defense weapon and a backup when hunting. Any thoughts or comments are appreciated, even if you think it's the wrong gun, but please tell me why. Thanks.

MERCing

I have 2 XD's(4 inch Service in .40 cal and a 5 inch Tactical in 9mm) and have never had either of them as much as hick-up even with a variety of ammo of different brands and different bullet weights.
They have both been flawless and 100% reliable.

R

redneckcamo

i love my xd45 tactical with the 5 inch barrel an rarely go hunting without havin it strapped under my arm with the 185 gr hollowpoints ......mine has a factory springfield trigger job an shoots well .. I went too the range an rented the same gun but in a 4 inch barrel an shot it an fell in love ..i have had 1 jam with it an that was with a corbon 230 hollow point that has a larger hollow in the bullet than most ... so I blamed it on that because you could see where it caught on the way in ... other than that she has function flawlessly time after time !!!!! ;0)

WaltL1

Were you shooting reloads? Same rounds in both? Certain guns dont like certain rounds.

sureshot375

Out of about 1000 rounds though my xd 45 I had one stove pipe. I was using junk ammo, and the gun really needed to be cleaned. I think the rental may have been your problem.

The 40 cal rounds were factory provided by the range - company called MAGTECH which I've never heard of. So, I suspect you're right about the cleaning and the ammo.

R

redneckcamo

yea magtech is some of the cheapest available fer sure ..... same price as wolf on cheaprndirt

cruisers460

The 4" XD-45 is my wife's carry gun. She's fired maybe a thousand rounds of 230gr hardball and +P loads through it without a single malfunction and only casual cleaning. If I were still looking I would consider the XD as a replacement for my Glock .45.

davis211

I have an XD 45 4" with about 1000 rnds through it- I clean about every 200-300 rounds and have had no problems - I only shoot reloads. I love mine.

FESTUSHAGGIN

my carry gun is the xd45 with 4" barrell. i have put at least 1500 rounds through it and never had a jam. fires flawlessly and very acurately. i also enjoy the fact that for a light weight 45 it has very low recoil.

punchy8

Great gun very reliable....

I have had mine for over a year now and never had a jam after 2000+ rounds of all types of ammo (reloads, ball, hollow points) very reliable gun and great choice of weapons because of reliability and safety features.

I have 3 XD's. 2 have 4" barrels, and I've never had a FTF (knock on wood). That cheap Magtech ammo in a dirty rental gun was probably the problem.

bigtall

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said here, but it would just be ungentlemanly of me not to offer my two cents. I had my XD45 for 2 years and over 2000 rounds without any issues at all, and it feels and shoots much better than my Glock. I just picked up a XD40 on here and I'm anxious to get out to the range with it. For an affordable combat/tactical handgun, there is nothing better.

devildog83

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said here, but it would just be ungentlemanly of me not to offer my two cents. I had my XD45 for 2 years and over 2000 rounds without any issues at all, and it feels and shoots much better than my Glock. I just picked up a XD40 on here and I'm anxious to get out to the range with it. For an affordable combat/tactical handgun, there is nothing better.
Said it all!!!

K80

My buddy got a XDm 40 and it is NICE. It is a sweet shooting pistol and I plan on getting one in the near future. I've looked at a gun shop and I like the XDm over the XD.

whitetaco02

My buddy got a XDm 40 and it is NICE. It is a sweet shooting pistol and I plan on getting one in the near future. I've looked at a gun shop and I like the XDm over the XD.

I bought an XD-40 today so I am pretty pumped about shooting it this weekend.

What is the difference between the two you mentioned?

Duckhawk

Banned
I love my XD45 tactical she's sweet, I added the surefire light to the bottom just for looks I guess,

As far as the gun jamming, the clip spring could be weak, not letting the #10 round push up completely!