Spypoint

coveyrise

Recently purchased 2 spypoint Flex's and I have to say I am very impressed. Anyone else had any luck with them? Was hesitant due to my 4 Link Micro LTEs being so awful. Two thumbs up on my end.
Had great luck with them. As good as the covert and a heck of a lot cheaper.

Attachments

• A4DF0361-DB96-49E4-9CCA-A487E2D6BAA0.jpeg
    A4DF0361-DB96-49E4-9CCA-A487E2D6BAA0.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 58

95g atl

I've had several 4 Link Micro LTE 's and all but one failed.
Not thrilled about Spypoint ..

snooker1

I've had several 4 Link Micro LTE 's and all but one failed.
Not thrilled about Spypoint ..

All of mine failed and were replaced under warranty, since then no issues. I have found that Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries and only transferring photos once a day I am getting about 6 months out of a set of batteries. I think they had issues that they have figured out.

95g atl

We finally got another camera from the woods that hasn't worked in many months. Spypoint told me it is because it requires a software update. So I reckon they are telling me that periodically you have to retrieve the camera, mess around with some software nonsense, then reinstall.
Not sure if they are blowing smoke or this is accurate?

SRShunter

This is
We finally got another camera from the woods that hasn't worked in many months. Spypoint told me it is because it requires a software update. So I reckon they are telling me that periodically you have to retrieve the camera, mess around with some software nonsense, then reinstall.
Not sure if they are blowing smoke or this is accurate?
true, all cell cameras have to update their firmware. Some brands can do it from the camera, and some can't. Spypoint can update the fw from the internet over the air if your camera is still communicating

95g atl

UPDATE: Spypoint admits to me the version I have is defective and they know it has a problem. However, they will not replace the camera b/c the warranty is up. Even though it hasn't worked in many months, I was finally able to retrieve it this past weekend. They know the camera only worked for under a year, but since I didn't run down to the club and into the woods the same day it stopped working, they will not honor the warranty.

BUYER BEWARE.....!

95g atl

This is
true, all cell cameras have to update their firmware. Some brands can do it from the camera, and some can't. Spypoint can update the fw from the internet over the air if your camera is still communicating

Thank you for the reply.

They sent me tons of links and nonsense. They never offered to do it over the air. I think the issue is the cameras are not communicating.

SRShunter

Thank you for the reply.

They sent me tons of links and nonsense. They never offered to do it over the air. I think the issue is the cameras are not communicating.
10-4 I think I am going to try tactacam reveals next. They all have their problems, but spypoint seems to have the most

Jason C

I bought spypoint to put at my club 40 min away from home and they eat through batteries in a week, because they try so hard to search for signal. If its not getting 100% signal they suck where I hunt at

ucfireman

Recently purchased 2 spypoint Flex's and I have to say I am very impressed. Anyone else had any luck with them? Was hesitant due to my 4 Link Micro LTEs being so awful. Two thumbs up on my end.
Had great luck with them. As good as the covert and a heck of a lot cheaper.
I just saw these cameras and were wondering if anyone had experience with them. Price is good, like the dual sim, and the over the air pirm ware update (dont know what firm ware is but it sounds like you have to update something every once in a while).
Anyway yall still happy? What is the battery life like and do yall use the solar chargers?

2dye4

UPDATE: Spypoint admits to me the version I have is defective and they know it has a problem. However, they will not replace the camera b/c the warranty is up. Even though it hasn't worked in many months, I was finally able to retrieve it this past weekend. They know the camera only worked for under a year, but since I didn't run down to the club and into the woods the same day it stopped working, they will not honor the warranty.

BUYER BEWARE.....!
I had 2 of they grey ones that came in the twin pack that never worked correctly. They sent me 2 with camo pattern and have been working ok.

BlueNole

I just saw these cameras and were wondering if anyone had experience with them. Price is good, like the dual sim, and the over the air pirm ware update (dont know what firm ware is but it sounds like you have to update something every once in a while).
Anyway yall still happy? What is the battery life like and do yall use the solar chargers?
Still at 99% battery and it’s been a month. Use lithium AA though. The FLEXs are for sure a game changer I now have 4 and wouldn’t replace them

As BlueNole said, they take minis. have had better experiences with some micro-SD brands than others. Have to be class 10. The size limit on the micros was 32GB. On the Flex, 512GB and the best part of all, NO formatting, copying files and such on a computer before installing like we had to do for the micros. Just put in the new card, push the format button the camera (5 seconds if I recall) and it self formats. I run mine with solar kits (that include a lithium battery) and some with external battery kits that Spypoint makes but never seem to be in stock any more. I have a few link micros that I haven’t touched in year running solar. Your mileage may vary and I have had my share of failed devices.

From the Spypoint Flex page: MicroSD card 2 to 512 GB