Steak Night..............

ryork

Well as much as it can be with current alpha-gal situation. Appetizer, which was basically a meal, consisted of fried duck liver with toasted sourdough, goat cheese, greens and one heck of a good sauce. The sauce was malbec, balsamic vinegar, honey, cinnamon stick, minced ginger, and diced apple all boiled down, ran through a blender, then through a strainer and back into the pan to thicken. Main source was a seared ostrich steam with potato-onion-garlic custards, asparagus and a pan sauce made by deglazing with brandy, then adding cream and a good dose of w'shire sauce.

11-29 (30).jpg11-29 (32).jpg11-29 (33).jpg11-29 (34).jpg11-29 (31).jpg11-29 (35).jpg11-29 (36).jpg11-29 (38).jpg11-29 (39).jpg

pjciii

So when are you posting that alpha-gal cookbook? You have whipped up some fantastic menu's since being diagnosed.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
So when are you posting that alpha-gal cookbook? You have whipped up some fantastic menu's since being diagnosed.
Put me down for an autographed edition please!!!!

ambush80

Well as much as it can be with current alpha-gal situation. Appetizer, which was basically a meal, consisted of fried duck liver with toasted sourdough, goat cheese, greens and one heck of a good sauce. The sauce was malbec, balsamic vinegar, honey, cinnamon stick, minced ginger, and diced apple all boiled down, ran through a blender, then through a strainer and back into the pan to thicken. Main source was a seared ostrich steam with potato-onion-garlic custards, asparagus and a pan sauce made by deglazing with brandy, then adding cream and a good dose of w'shire sauce.

View attachment 1272810View attachment 1272812View attachment 1272813View attachment 1272815View attachment 1272816View attachment 1272817View attachment 1272821View attachment 1272822View attachment 1272823
Holy Bain Marie, Batman!!! Those potatoes are sexy! That duck liver sounds reeeeeeal good.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Holy cow! :love:

ryork

Me too! Got a recipe @ryork ?

Got to have the ramekins or something similar. For the custard mix one egg and one cup heavy cream, or more just in that ratio depending how many you're making. This will generally do about three of the ramekins in the photo. Mix in garlic, salt and pepper, you can use other herbs and spices as well. I like to add a little nutmeg. Thoroughly grease the ramekins or spray with non-stick stuff. Put a thin pat of butter in the bottom and then layer slices of potatoes and onions (shallots work great or even better) until getting to the top. You don't want to get too much above the rim. Can add a little butter, salt and pepper between the slices. Pour the custard in to fill up to just shy of the rim. Put them is some sort of baking dish and put enough water in the dish to come up about half-way on the ramekins. This will keep them from sticking and burning. Bake in a 375 degree over for 1 hr 15 minutes and brown on top.

Cool Hand Luke

Got to have the ramekins or something similar. For the custard mix one egg and one cup heavy cream, or more just in that ratio depending how many you're making. This will generally do about three of the ramekins in the photo. Mix in garlic, salt and pepper, you can use other herbs and spices as well. I like to add a little nutmeg. Thoroughly grease the ramekins or spray with non-stick stuff. Put a thin pat of butter in the bottom and then layer slices of potatoes and onions (shallots work great or even better) until getting to the top. You don't want to get too much above the rim. Can add a little butter, salt and pepper between the slices. Pour the custard in to fill up to just shy of the rim. Put them is some sort of baking dish and put enough water in the dish to come up about half-way on the ramekins. This will keep them from sticking and burning. Bake in a 375 degree over for 1 hr 15 minutes and brown on top.
Thank you sir! Will give it my best effort this weekend.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
My lord !