Suggestions for N.Ga.Mtn trail drive/tree farm excursion, please!

garndawg

Gents,

Need advice and suggestions on a trail drive/Christmas tree cutting trip this Friday. I'm taking my wife up somewhere in the N. Ga. Mtns for a little mountain trail driving for pretty views and cutting down our Christmas tree at some area tree farm.

I had originally thought to try the Cohutta Loop and head down to Black Mountain Forest tree farm outside of Dalonega. Also considering the Chattahoochee River Road, Tallulah River Road, Pocket/Everett Springs/Floyd Springs Road, and Forest Service Road 42.

I've been getting my info from this website:
http://ngeorgia.com/travel/falldrives.html

Anybody ever do one of these trails?

Also, can't seem to find much in regards to tree farms around Cohutta. Any suggestions?

My equipment is a healthy '99 Z71, stock, with a come-a-long and tow rope for a winch. A little off-roading would be okay, but attempting hardcore mudding/rock crawling obviously isn't an option.

Love to hear ya'll experience and suggestions for the trail and the farm!

:yeah:

RGRJN

I don't think the they are talking about are driving trails. I think they are walking trails. I know FS 42 is a nice gravel road, that goes through the National Forest up here, no motorized vechiles allowed off the main road. Probably true for all NF, execpt on desginated areas. Ussaly set aside for dirt bikes and 4 wheelers. I don't know of any place up here for true trail driving for trucks. But that don't mean much, theres Alot I don't know :D .

Joe

Latest posts