Summit viper vs new equalizer

ScLowCountry

I am sick and tired of my extremely heavy summit viper steel. I have a tree Walker that I use for gun hunting. I really love that stand, but it's not very feasible for archery hunting. It is very heavy and bulky. Does anybody hear have the new equalizer. I love the fact that the shooting rail folds down. You can face the tree or away from the tree. You can also use it as a leaning post.

Does anyone have real world comparisons?

Waddams

I have a newer lighter weight summit. it is around 20 lbs, similar to the equalizer. I really like equalizer bigshot model looks, though. looks like it has more flexibility but it's 5 lbs heavier.

my summit is very comfy though. I've been known to put it on a tree at ground level to just sit in it in camp if seating was limited.

Hunter922

To me the old Summits only stick to pines. Had the Viper and Cobra and sold them both for next to nothing. On a hardwood they loose their contact to easy and putting those straps around the tree was ridiculous. I kept the open shot but still wish it stuck to the tree better. Lots of options imo out there better than Summit. I've sat in the equalizer facing the tree and loved it. Lone wolf's are great but like finding unicorns now.. Good luck.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I don’t, but curious if you’ve ever looked at hunting from a saddle. if not, you’d be amazed how well it’s made for archery hunting.

chrislibby88

Lonewolf sit and climb is pretty much the best portable climber on the market. 18lbs, slightly less when you replace the awful factory seat with a mesh one. Folds completely flat for carrying on a pack frame. Easy super quiet setup. Slightly less comfy than a summit, but the packability makes up for it.