Sumter County

GrandSlamHunter

Rut

I have been hunting the Sumter/Schley line for the past two weeks. Saw the first bucks chasing does Sat. the 6th and this continued through yesterday (Sat. the 13th). Don't know how much longer it will last, but it's good right now!

GSH

WIGGINS

Slow Weekend, Too Much Wind And Warm Temp's. It Was Sunday Before I Even Saw A Doe. I Gave Her About 30 Minutes To See What Was Behind But Nothing Came Out So I Took Her To Make Some Jerky. Did Find A Shed That Would Gross In The 130's If The Other Side Matched. Good Luck

Michael Lee

Just got a call from one of our staff hunters this morning from our Sumter County farm and he got a real nice 8 pointer with 3 kickers on him. Has 8 inch brow tines and 10 inch G2's. Came in grunting and chasing 3 does.

Will post pics soon.

ML

Duff

Just got back from Sumter/Schley Co. Arrived Tues evening and my bud shot a nice buck but after a long tracking job we determined the buck wasn't hurt bad. He was running a group of 5 does. I saw a no doubt shooter this morning(Fri) but he was 500yds away and across the property line. He was with a doe. My bud spotted another nice buck running does Thurs and Fri morning but no shot was offered. Three of us were hunting Fri morning and we all saw a shooter buck.

Bucks are still chasing does. It wasn't wide open but I saw at least 1 buck chasing does each morning we hunted.
This is one my bud killed Sun. evening.
223424.jpg

Duff

Sould still be good, but I think it is winding down

Huntingdawg

11/20 and 11/21 results

so far bad season for me have only been able to go when the weather his too hot and muggy. Sat afternoon 3 hunters only 2 does seen. Sun am, waited for the rain to die down and saw a good size 8 pt on the way to the stand, watched another small doe feed and finally made it to my stand after stalking most of the way in. Saw 0 from the stand and jumped a doe on my way out. Heading to the truck about 10:30 and 2 does run out of a millet field, putting my gun in the truck and look up and a good 2 1/2 yr. old 8 or 10 pt. comes walking out of the millet, guess he was trailing the does. Could have easily killed him, but he needed another year didn't seem to sporty propping up on the dog box watching him thru the scope....he definitely had his mind on other things.

bobcat

We have killed a few deer and let a few walk.Opening weekend a nice 8pt was killed.The next weekend two does were killed.Then a 9pt was killed and a doe was killed the week before last.Nothing killed this past weekend .Did get a picture of a decent 8 pt twice in a week,so there is a decent buck left.Only two sightings of bucks running does.Still several weeks left to get a good one.Good luck all

silverbullet

Sumter/Macon County Line

On sunday morning 11/28/04, I killed a good 10 pointer with a 18 inch spread. Outside of Andersonville, he was still rutting hard but had lost alot of weight.

Duff

All right SB, lets see a pic :clap:

Duff

habersham hammer said:
Duff,

Is that Tom Glavine you have a picture of.It sure looks like him. :bounce: :bounce:
:D :D

Thunder

Americus/rut

Does anyone hunt near Americus? We are about 5 miles outside of town and have seen no sign of rut yet! ::huh:

Possible that it happpened during the 2 weeks in Nov that we were not there, but strange this year.

Any help on when or if it happened would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

bobcat

We hunt just out of americus, about the same as you 5 miles or so.There hasnt been as strong of a rut on our place this year as compared to last year.The rut generally is around the second and third weeks of november according to what we saw last year.Also thats what every one has told us in that area.Thunder where do yall hunt at.

Thunder

Hey Bobcat,

Thanks for the response. Muy told me about the same thing (I hunted with him last year before he moved). I had a baseball tournament the middle of Nov so guess I missed it :banginghe :banginghe

Bandy was in the same tournament.....rethinking next fall!! ::huh:

We hunt 5 miles south of Americus off 19. Where do you hunt?

Huntingdawg

Last weekend we had 2 good bucks killed

first was chasing does across a field Sat am. Prior weekend we had seen two other bucks cruising and acting stupid (walked past us about 100 yds away while standing next to our trucks) Going this weekend in hopes that it may be lingering, for the most part the heaviest activity has been during Thanksgiving

bobcat

We hunt about 5 miles west of Americus off of highway 30 ,were about 2 miles off of hwy 30 back on some back roads not sure of the names but Shiloh church is down the road about a mile.

WIGGINS

Went Last Weekend. Only Saw A Large Spike Following A Doe On The Way To The Stand. He Had An 8.5 Inch Spike On One Side And A Nub On The Other. He Weighed Probably 160-170 Pounds. I Didn't Want To Ruin The Hunt But I Had To Take A Deer Like That Before He Bred More Does. He Was A Mature 3-4 Year Old With No Rack. I Hunt Off Of Middle River Rd Outside Americus As Well.

Duff

WIGGINS

Thats taking one for the team. Good job and it needed to be done.

Thunder

One sided??

I shot a deer (cull) about a month ago....same thing! :confused: He had 3 points on one side and a small spike on the other. Ugly looking.....and he was about 160 pounds. Saw another buck that had a decent one side and lack of antler on the other side...wonder what gives here? ::huh: