Sumter County

bobcat

One of our members took his girlfriend with him and found a spot on the ground to hunt Sunday evening.They managed to kill 3 big does in about 15 seconds.They were at least 110 +.She shot the first one and the other two run about 50 yds and he shot one of them and thought he missed,the other one just stood there watching the other one run off.Needless to say it also caught a bad case of lead poisioning..........Also, when we were cleaning the deer I found the bullet that he shot the deer with from a 30-06,I also found what looked like a 22 bullet,after looking closer,I found where the 22 bullet had passed through the left side of the deers brisket went through the edge of the shoulder and lodged between the skin and shoulder.......This fellow kills deer with all kinds of foreign objects in the deer.He killed a doe a couple years ago with a broadhead in its shoulder.It was a doe I had shot with the bow and trailed about a mile or so.Just shows how tough they are,she bled a pile of blood and still survived another year............ ::huh: ::huh:

Thunder

Bobcat,

Glad to hear that you guys are having some success! How is the weather/acorns doing up there? Been a while since I've been up...

Yea, deer are pretty hardy animals! Glad to hear the one with the broadhead made it....right to the .06. :shoot:

bobcat

Looks like most of the white and chestnut oaks are through dropping and pretty much gone.Some of the smaller acorns are still in the trees and falling.Not real shure what type of oak they are.But the deer are still eating them.Thats the way it is on our property not shure whats going on around us.The deer are just now starting to eat in my biologic plot. ::huh:

Thunder

Well,

going back up for the last hurrah on the 26th. Looking for a good shooter to end the season. last time up, some tracks going across the "face of the moon" :clap: , but man it is barren out there after the cut! :mad:

I guess I'll have to bring out the whole bag of tricks for this trip.....decoy, scent, the can, and grunt tube. :eek: I'll probably get into the thick stuff with the 12 gauge most of the time. It's the only area left with trees and cover. They left about 50 yards of cover around the creek that boarders the hard road. Thick as heck, but I need to get down into the middle of it. May only be a 10 yard shot if one is running the creek, but thats where he will be on our place, if he's there at all! ::huh:

bobcat

Made my last trip to Boat Hill hunting club on the 26th as well.Had planned on staying and hunting the 27th as well but I had too good of a day the 26th.To keep it short I killed a doe that morning and saw three more,that evening I saw a opossum, two armadillos,one deer at about 30 yards,and 114 ducks over my head going to roost.A good day to end the year on.............. :yeah: :yeah: